AlphaEnviro® Ripstop Sound Baffle
Our AlphaEnviro® Ripstop Sound Baffle is a hanging sound absorbing baffles with a durable, abuse resistant finish. Suspended vertically, these acoustical baffles are used to reduce and lower excessive reverberation times (RT60) in large open spaces. The free hanging vertical suspension from ceilings allows the baffles to interrupt the path of the noise and reduce sound reverberation.
Available in an array of bold colors, they can be manufactured in custom sizes up to 4′ x 10′. Install these baffles using simple hardware through the grommets provided on the top width edge. You can suspend these baffles from ceilings, bar joists, cable, per-engineered truss systems and arranged in a manner to create dynamic looks or avoid lighting and HVAC equipment.
Arenas, gymnasiums, theaters, restaurants, offices, kennels, manufacturing and more.
- Reduces echo and reverberation
- Improves speech intelligibility
- Exceptional acoustical performance
- Durable, abuse resistant finish
- Easy to maintain
Technical Information for AlphaEnviro® Ripstop Sound Baffle
- Size: 4′ x 2′, 2′ x 2′, 4′ x 4′, 4′ x 8′ or custom up to 4’x10′ as required.
- Thickness: 2″
- Core: 1.65 lb acoustical fiberglass core
- Intended Use: Interior, sound absorption
- Finish: Nylon ripstop sailcloth
- Suspension Provision: Factory installed Nickel plated Brass Grommets on width edge (Stainless Steel or Black grommets available upon request)
- Fire Rating: Class 1 or A per ASTM E 84 25/0/50
- NRC: 1.35
|Sound Absorption (Hz) in Sabins|
|2″ (1.65 PCF)||2.29||5.43||10.82||13.58||13.44||12.83|
- Suspend baffles using coated wire/ties and other fastener as required. (See Installation Guide in Documents)
- For best results, install this product at the end of your construction project
- Do not install material of unacceptable quality or pre-install suspension hardware (grommet locations may vary slightly)
- Store material out of direct UV sunlight
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including glass wool fibers (inhalable and biopersistent) known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.