AlphaSorb® Tackable Acoustic Panels
AlphaSorb® Tackable Acoustic Panels are the solution for areas that require noise reduction with a tackboard surface. The AlphaSorb® Tackboard Wall Panel is manufactured specifically as a tack panel and offers minimal sound absorption. Application for these tackboards includes conference rooms, classrooms, offices and any area where low absorption and high tackability is required.
The tackboard panel is constructed with an 1/8″ fiberglass board laminated to 24# PCF mineral fiber core and fabric finish. The square edges are fully wrapped in standard Guilford of Maine FR701 Style 2100 fabric (other fabric styles may require underlayments that affect panel thickness). Panels are available in 5/8″ or 7/8″ thick with standard or custom sizes up to a maximum of 4′ x 8′.
- High Tackability
- Variety of sizes and colors
- Aesthetically pleasing design
- Sizes: up to 4′ x 8′ (nominal)
- Thickness: 5/8″ (1/2″ Micore + 1/8″ Fiberglass) or 7/8″ (3/4″ Micore + 1/8″ Fiberglass)
- Tolerance: +/- 1/8″
- Core: 24 lb. per cubic foot mineral fiber core + 1/8″ fiberglass
- Intended Use: Interior, sound absorption
- Fabric Finish: Guilford of Maine FR701 Style 2100 (other fabrics available as specified)
- Fire Rating: Class 1 or A per ASTM E84
- Edge Detail: Square only
- Mounting options: nails and construction adhesive (provided by installer)
- NRC: 5/8″ (0.25), 7/8″ (0.60)
|Sound Absorption (Hz)|
- Do not begin installation until building is enclosed and under standard occupancy conditions and surfaces are of acceptable condition and properly prepared.
- Do not install materials of unacceptable quality.
- Mark where you want the panel to be installed on the wall.
- Apply a tennis ball sized mound of construction adhesive on the back of the panel, about every 1.5 feet, 7 – 8 inches from the edge of the panel.
- Place the back of the panel to the wall, firmly pressing on areas with adhesive, and adjusting to line up with the marks made in first step.
- Apply finishing nails along the edge of the panel while another person holds the panel in place.
- The finishing nails will hold the panel in place while the adhesive sets.
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including formaldehyde and antimony trioxide, which are known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.