Green Glue Noiseproofing Joist Tape
Green Glue Noiseproofing Joist Tape is a component used in a flooring assemblies to help prevent squeaky floors and dampen foot traffic. Often used in residential buildings, Green Glue Joist tape creates an airtight seal, improving energy efficiency.
Joist tape should be employed in conjunction with acoustical underlayments, sound barriers, vibration isolators and other construction materials to effectively construct soundproof assemblies. Green Glue Noiseproofing Joist Tape is 100 linear feet long and available in widths of 1-7/16″, 2-1/4″, and 3″. Select the width appropriate for your floor joists.
Rolling Green Glue Noiseproofing Joist Tape takes practically no time at all and can easily be incorporated into flooring jobs. Green Glue Noiseproofing Joist Tape installs easily by hand. Simply roll or lay tape onto floor joists, adhesive side down, and install sub floor on top. Green Glue Noiseproofing Joist Tape practically eliminates squeaking. It also acts as a form of insulation to improve energy efficiency.
- Installs in no time
- Easily incorporate into floor jobs
- Eliminates squeaky floors
- Reduces impact noise
- Improves energy efficiency
Technical Information for Green Glue Noiseproofing Joist Tape
- Size: 100 linear foot long roll
- Width/Thickness of Joist: 1-7/16″, 2-1/4″, and 3″
- Thickness of tape: 1/8″
- When Sold in Boxes: 1-7/16″ box contains 10 rolls, 2-1/4″ box contains 4 rolls, and 3″ box contains 5 rolls
- Also Sold Individually
- Make sure all surfaces are free from dirt, ice, and water before applying the Noiseproofing Joist Tape.
- Apply the Noiseproofing Joist Tape — adhesive side down — evenly to the top of each floor joist.
- Once placement of the Noiseproofing Joist Tape is complete, apply the sub-floor as normal to joists.
- Please note: the use of construction adhesive is NOT recommended when securing the subfloor and will compromise the effectiveness of the Noiseproofing Joist Tape.
- Do not install material of unacceptable quality.