PrivacyShield® High CAC Foam Soundproofing Ceiling Tile
Our PrivacyShield® High CAC Foam Soundproofing Ceiling Tile, (formerly AlphaSorb® High CAC Ceiling Tile) is a high-performance ceiling tile that is perfect in a space that needs quality sound that also needs speech privacy for confidential conversations or is adjacent to rooms that need to be quiet. Unlike most acoustic ceiling products, our PrivacyShield® High CAC Foam Soundproofing Ceiling Tile provides both maximum sound absorption and superior noise blocking strength.
The absorptive properties of the acoustic foam in the ceiling tile reduces reverberation and sound reflections within the space and offers a Noise Reduction Coefficient (NRC) of 0.85. The fire-rated gypsum backer in the product provides a Ceiling Attenuation Class (CAC) of 45 to aid in blocking sound. The soundproofing strength of the product prevents sound transmission from traveling over demising walls, through the ceiling cavity, and into neighboring rooms. All together this powerful dual function ceiling tile improves comfort and reduces noise for a range of applications using drop tile grid systems.
- Classrooms & Corridors
- Private & Open-Plan Offices
- Privacy Rooms
- Theaters & Recording Studios
- Open-cell, fiber-free, lightweight & easy to install
- Aesthetically pleasing smooth finish
- Viscoelastic sound dampening layer
- Highly sound-absorptive (NRC)
- High sound-blocking (CAC)
- High Light Reflectance
- Fits in a 9/16″ or 15/16″ T-bar grid system
- Size: 23-3/4″ x 23-3/4″
- Thickness: 2-1/4″
- Material: Open-cell melamine-based foam backed with a sag-resistant 3/8″ backer board.
- Style: Square, Bevel
- Finish: Natural Grey, Natural White, Coated with non-bridging paint
- Natural Grey: 0.56 +/- 0.09 lb / sq ft
- Natural White: 0.47 +/- 0.13 lb / sq ft
- Service Temperature: -40 deg. F to 350 deg. F
- Light Reflectance: 0.81
- Fire Rating: Class 1 or A per ASTM E84
- NRC: 0.85
- CAC: 45
|Sound Absorption (Hz)
per ASTM C423-90a E-400
|Sound Blocking (Hz)
Ceiling Attenuation Class (CAC)
- Quickly drops into any standard T-bar ceiling grid system
- Cross-tees facilitate retrofitting of 24″ x 48″ ceiling grids
- Press panels from above to set into grids (do not pull from face)
- Installation is best done at the end of the construction project.
- Use clean gloves to prevent soiling material.
- Melamine foam is fragile, please handle with care.
- Do not install material of unacceptable quality.
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including crystalline silica, which may be released upon sawing, sanding, or machining, and is known to the State of California to cause cancer, or attapulgite, also known to the State of California to cause birth defects and other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.