Our Iso-Step® Perimeter Isolation Strip is used with Iso-Step® Underlayment to break the path of vibration transmission between the floor and the wall. The product is extremely flexible, lightweight, easy to install and handle. The material is sold by the roll, 2.5″ wide x 50′ in length and 6 mm thick. The Perimeter Isolation Strip is packaged on a roll for long placement runs and limited cutting.
The Iso-Step® Perimeter Isolation Strip should be installed at the perimeter of all areas receiving the Iso-Step® Floor Underlayment. It should also go around any protrusions in the flooring. This procedure isolates the sound mat floor system from other material.
This isolation strip creates an acoustical break to minimize the transmission of sound laterally from the “floating floor” to any other construction assembly. Adhere the foam perimeter isolation strip to the wall and trim off excess material once finished flooring is installed.
Technical Information for Iso-Step® Perimeter Isolation Strip:
- Size: 2.5″ x 50′ long roll
- Thickness: 6 mm
- Sold by: Roll
- Intended Use: Isolation strip for use with Iso-Step® Floor Underlayment to break the path of vibration transmission between the floor and the wall.
- Density: 2 to 2.4 lbs. per cubic foot (ASTM D3575)
- Tear Strength: 13 lbs. per inch (ASTM D3575)
- Compression Creep: <5% at 3.0 psi (ASTM D3575)
- Compression Strength (ASTM D3575)
- 25% deflection: 10.5 psi
- 50% deflection: 19 psi
- Compression Set 18 loaded at 1.5 psi 1000 hours at 50%: 18% (ASTM D3575)
- Tensile Strength: 42 psi at 1/2″ thickness (ASTM D3575)
- Water Absorption: <0.2 lbs. / sq. ft of cut surface (ASTM D1056)
- Thermal Conductivity: 0.4-0.18 (BTU-in/hr/ sq. ft) at 75 degrees Fahrenheit (ASTM C518)
- Thermal Stability: <5% change after 24 hrs at 165 degrees Fahrenheit (ASTM D3575)
- Apply adhesive to the wall. Attached perimeter isolation strip to the wall.
- Install Iso-Step® rubber flooring.
- Install finish layer of flooring.
- Cut perimeter isolation strip level with finished floor.