The Sonex® Acoustic Panel Adhesive has been specially formulated for use with our Sonex® acoustic foam panels. One 10.5-ounce tube installs approximately 16-24 square feet of Sonex® acoustic foam wall panels and fits into a standard caulking gun.
This non-toxic, water-based adhesive makes installation hassle-free and provides a strong, permanent bond when adhering Sonex® melamine materials to walls or ceilings. Compatible with Sonex® Panels in both polyurethane and melamine foams. Sonex® Acoustic Panel Adhesive provides easy clean-up with water.
- Quick tack time
- Size: 10.5-ounce tube
- Coverage: Approximately 16-24 square feet per tube
- Part Number: PA-02
- Storage and disposal: PROTECT FROM FREEZING. Store in a cool, dry place at room temperature. For maximum shelf life store at 75°F (24°C). Take unwanted product to an approved household hazardous waste transfer facility. Hardened material may be disposed of with trash.
- Ensure all surfaces are clean, dry, structural sound and free of dust, grease, oil or other debris. During installation, be sure to maintain a constant room temperature.
- Sonex foam panels can easily be mounted to any wall or ceiling surface with acouSTIC water-based adhesive and a standard caulking gun.
- Follow instructions on the back of tube.
- Installation is best done at the end of the construction project.
- Use clean gloves to prevent soiling material.
- Melamine foam is fragile and should be handled with care.
- Do not install material of unacceptable quality.
- Cut nozzle at a 45-degree angle to allow for a 1/4″ bead of adhesive.
- Puncture the seal in the base of the nozzle.
- Apply 1/4″ bead of adhesive around the perimeter of the panel approximately 1″ from the edge.
- Next apply a 1/4″ bead of adhesive from opposite corners through the center of the panel to form an ‘X’
- Press panel firmly into place. Then pull panel away from the wall for approximately one minute to allow adhesive to become tacky.
- Press the panel into its final position applying light pressure over adhesive areas.
- Installation overhead or onto metal substrates may require additional support and cure time for adhesive to set.
Cleaning and Maintenance:
Clean tools and uncured adhesive residue immediately with warm water and soap. Cured adhesive may be carefully cut away with a sharp-edged tool.