The Sonex® Audio Tiles are designed for ultimate high frequency noise control for broadcast and recording studios. These foam panels can be glued direct to a wall or ceiling. The unique 12″ x 12″ size of each tile allows for the highest level of design and acoustical performance as you can treat your studio in the exact points of reflection. These versatile, low-profile sound absorbent foam tiles come in both grey and white, with beveled edges and a unique sculpted pattern or flat face finish. In addition to excellent sound absorption, the Sonex® Audio tile is Class 1 fire-rated and 100% fiber-free. Size tolerance for the tiles is +/- 1/8″.
For use in offices, call centers, lobbies, entertainment facilities, conference and board rooms, retail stores, lodging and healthcare facilities, recording studios, home theaters, restaurants, event spaces and other applications.
- Reduces echo and reverberation
- Improves speech intelligibility
- Exceptional acoustical performance
- Mold-resistant, fire-retardant
- Unique design potential
Technical Information for Sonex® Audio Tiles:
- Size: 1′ x 1′
- Thickness: 1″
- Material: Open-cell melamine-based foam
- Pattern: Convoluted, Flat
- Color: Natural White or Natural Grey
- Density: 0.5 to 0.7 lbs./cu. ft. (ASTM D3574-77)
- Fire Rating: Class 1 per ASTM E 84
- Microbial Growth: Passes UL 181, section 11
- Fungus Resistance Rating: #0 per ASTM G21
- Tolerance: +/- 1/8″
- NRC: 0.50
|Sound Absorption (Hz)
- These panels can easily be mounted to any wall or ceiling surface with acouSTIC water-based adhesive.
- Installation is best done at the end of the construction project.
- Use clean gloves to prevent soiling material.
- Melamine foam is fragile and should be handled with care.
- Do not install material of unacceptable quality.