The ABBC-13 AudioSeal® Combination Sound Blanket is a barrier backed sound panel used to block and absorb sound for interior applications. The ABBC-13 AudioSeal® Combination Blanket is a barrier backed composite (BBC), consisting of vinyl coated fiberglass facing quilted with fiberglass batting, with a reinforced mass loaded vinyl sound barrier bonded to one side.
These blankets are a combination sound blocking and sound absorbing material. These sound attenuation blankets are constructed with grommets across the top edge. Mating Velcro® along the vertical edges of the blankets allows for easy installation and layering. Face the absorptive quilted fiberglass layer towards the sound you wish to absorb. Typical uses include curtain material in acoustical enclosures, room partitions, and wall cover where abuse resistance and excellent durability is required.
Technical Information for ABBC-13 AudioSeal® Combination Sound Blanket:
- Standard: 54″ (w) x 96″ (h)
- Custom: Up to 54″ x 20′
- Thickness: 1″, 2″ (Standard), 4″ (Special Order)
- Construction: Vinyl coated polyester faced quilted fiberglass backed with a one pound per square foot reinforced mass loaded vinyl sound barrier
- Intended Use: Interior, sound absorption, sound blocking
- 1″ Thick: 1.22 lbs. / sq. f.t
- 2″ Thick: 1.43 lbs. / sq. f.t
- 4″ Thick: 1.80 lbs. / sq. f.t
- Facing: Grey, Tan (Standard) Black, Off-White (Special Order)
- Barrier: Grey, Tan
- Temperature Range: -20 deg. F to 180 deg. F
- Fire Rating: Class 1 or A per ASTM E84
|Sound Absorption (Hz)|
|Sound Blocking Performance (Hz)|
Cleaning and Maintenance:
Industrial grade quilted acoustical blankets may be cleaned by using a vacuum cleaner or broom to remove the debris from the blanket surfaces. In addition, any product surface that is not a scrim facing may be cleaned with an air hose or any non-solvent based cleaning product. A typical “all-purpose cleaner” that contains ingredients such as “water, detergents, and grease cutter” is recommended. Similar suitable brand names are Formula 409, Top Job, Spic & Span, and Mr. Clean.