AlphaSorb® Acoustic Foam Drop-In Ceiling Tile
Our AlphaSorb® Foam Acoustic Ceiling Tile is a high-efficiency sound absorbing drop-in tile for use in suspended ceiling grid systems to reduce reverberation time and echos that detract from speech intelligibility. Porous melamine acoustic foam absorbs sound waves that hit the ceiling surface as soon as they strike. Although they are just two inches thick, they are able to achieve a Noise Reduction Coefficient (NRC) of 1.00, which equates to 100% sound absorption for speech frequencies when they are mounted in a Type E ceiling grid.
These acoustic tiles are frequently specified by architects and designers because they combine contemporary styling with exceptional sound absorption. Contractors appreciate that they are lightweight and easy to install. The design of the tile incorporates a rabbeted edge to ensure the ceiling tile is flush to the grid. These are the perfect solution and easy to install into standard 9/16″ or 15/16″ drop tile suspended ceiling grid systems.
- Classrooms & Corridors
- Private & Open-Plan Offices
- Healthcare & Clinics
- Privacy Rooms
- Theaters & Recording Studios
- Hotels & Retail
- Open-cell, fiber-free, lightweight & easy to install
- Aesthetically pleasing smooth finish
- Improved overall acoustic quality, reduce stress, improved productivity
- Highly sound-absorptive (NRC)
- Fits in a 15/16″ T-bar grid system
- Size: 23-3/4″ x 23-3/4″ nominal
- Thickness: 2″
- Material: Open-cell melamine-based foam
- Pattern: Smooth
- Finish: Natural Grey, Natural White, Coated with non-bridging paint
- Natural Grey: 0.56 +/- 0.09 lb / sq ft
- Natural White: 0.47 +/- 0.13 lb / sq ft
- Service Temperature: -40 deg. F to 350 deg. F
- Weight: Approximately 0.33 pounds per tile
- Fire Rating: Class 1 or A per ASTM E84
- NRC: 0.90 – 1.00
|Sound Absorption (Hz) per ASTM C423-90a E-400|
- Quickly drops into any standard T-bar ceiling grid system
- Cross-tees facilitate retrofitting of 24″ x 48″ ceiling grids
- Press panels from above to set into grids (do not pull from face)
- Installation is best done at the end of the construction project.
- Use clean gloves to prevent soiling material.
- Melamine foam is fragile, please handle with care.
- Do not install material of unacceptable quality.