IAC Acoustics Quiet Duct® Silencers provide effective, predictable sound and noise reduction for heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems. They do their job by utilizing acoustical baffles as means for broadband sound attenuation in HVAC systems. All of these duct silencers are passive in design. They do not require mechanical or electrical means to function.
These duct silencers achieve excellent sound attenuation through the attributes of their design. They are typically a single formed construction for minimal shell noise. The acoustic baffles provide both low and high frequency absorption. Solid, round nose and bell-mouthed entrances increase noise reduction and minimize turbulence. IAC products are laboratory developed and tested. Moreover, we manufacture duct silencers to specific metal tolerances with controlled acoustic infill flow resistances to achieve consistent results.
The IAC Acoustics Quiet-Duct® Silencers meet stringent design requirements from acoustical consultants, consulting engineers, owners and contractors. Our duct silencers provide the most economical choice for solving a wide diversity of noise control problems. Standard rectangular duct silencer cross sections range from 150 mm x 150 mm (6 in. x 6 in.) to 1200 mm x 1200 mm (48 in. x 48 in.). For small mains, branches and duct run outs there are module sizes to fit every need. When large silencer banks are necessary, multiple-module assemblies arrange to provide almost limitless dimensional flexibility.
- Acoustic baffles allow for maximum attenuation at low frequencies
- Straight through air passages for maximum air handling
- Solid, round noses that increase noise reduction
- Bell mouth entrance & exit to minimize turbulence, pressure drop & self-noise
IAC Acoustics Quiet-Duct® Silencers Product Range:
- Quiet-Vent® Silencers solve a common problem in air handling. The passage of noise from one space to another through vents provided for air passage. These modern low-cost units are easy to install, permit circulation of air in either direction, yet effectively stop noise in both directions.
- Quiet-Duct® Rectangular Silencers are suitable for conventional applications including low-frequency silencers having acoustic performance specifically engineered for the 63 Hz, 125 Hz and 250 Hz octave bands.
- Clean-Flow Rectangular Silencers are ideal for systems requiring a higher degree of cleanliness and hygiene such as hospitals or clean room applications. Linings on the fill material guard against erosion of particulate matter into the air stream. Specific internal construction features protect the lining against chaffing or premature failure and are necessary to maintain the rated aero-acoustic performance.
- Conic-Flow® Tubular Silencers are ideal for applications requiring low frequency performance, specifically in the 63 Hz, 125 Hz and 250 Hz octave bands.
- D-Duct Acoustic Diffuser Silencers are appropriate for use on axial fan systems. The combined interior diffuser cone and exterior square jacket casing makes these units aerodynamic regain devices as well as silencers.
- Rectangular Packless Silencers are the ultimate solution for ultra-clean, corrosive or flammable environments. These silencers well suited for engine test cells, chemical plants, refineries and facilities that handle or process hazardous materials.
- Tubular Packless Silencers are excellent for small diameter circular duct systems such as fume hoods. The packless design of these units makes them equally suitable to the types of systems mentioned for the Rectangular Packless silencers.
- The Green Duct Attenuator range is the first British made ‘green’ silencer range for air handling applications. With acoustic infill material made from specially developed post-industrial organic fiber, the range of Green Duct attenuation silencers offer a solution to the ever-increasing requirements for eco-friendly HVAC systems.