To encourage and influence a more environmentally conscious community as well as the acoustical and construction industries as a whole. Acoustical Solutions and its staff are committed to environmentally sound practices by focusing on the reduction of waste and water usage, as well as the use of recyclable or recycled materials. Acoustical Solutions has developed a comprehensive sustainability policy to include environmental efforts related to waste, energy, travel, noise pollution and education.
To continuously decrease the amount of resources including electricity, water and materials used by Acoustical Solutions.
- We recycle ink cartridges, paper, magazines or print publications, cardboard and aluminum.
- Lights in vacant offices or conference spaces are turned off when not in use.
- All lights are turned off on weekends and evenings.
- Heating and air conditioning are controlled at night and on weekends to reduce usage.
- All efforts are made to use the best technologies for continuous improvement of efficiency in use of resources, processes and materials used for production.
- We scan all accounting paperwork in order to reduce paper usage.
- All old paper files are shredded and recycled.
- Energy efficient films have been installed on the windows.
- New energy efficient white roof has been installed on building.
- Additional insulation in ceiling to reduce energy usage.
To reduce the impact of noise pollution on the local and surrounding communities through noise pollution education and providing environmentally friendly sound solutions.
- As an approved American Institute of Architects (AIA) course provider, technical acoustical representatives are available for on-site educational sessions.
- Acoustical Solutions’ line of sustainable noise control products was created to provide one comprehensive acoustical solution to help business attain LEED certification.
- Acoustical Solutions is continuously searching for and implementing new, more environmentally friendly materials for use in our products.
To increase employee satisfaction to retain and attract employees and to ensure a healthy and safe workplace.
- A low emission company vehicle is available for use to all employees to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
- Technical sales representatives and installation team members are encouraged to carpool to all site visits and installations.
- Employees are encouraged to use reusable kitchenware rather than disposable materials.
- ‘Reduce, Reuse or Recycle’ philosophy is encouraged throughout all departments.
- Promote employee commitment and accountability to this policy through the active support of management team.
To protect the environment from adverse impacts associated with the distribution of materials within the acoustics industry.
- Packaging materials for large items are reused whenever possible to reduce waste.
- All cardboard, pallets or other shipping materials are recycled or reused on site.
- Materials warehouse is located within walking distance to minimize transportation of overstocked items.
To minimize waste and energy associated with Acoustical Solutions’ participation in national and international trade show events.
- Use lightweight 10′ x 10′ exhibit booth whenever possible.
- Reuse 10′ x 10′ booth at each event as deemed relevant.
- All unused digital catalogs will be shipped to the next event.
- Material volumes will be condensed for shipping.
- No incandescent lighting will be used during exhibits.
- Additional booth signage will be multi-purpose for future exhibits.
- Larger booth will be refurbished for use in bigger booth spaces rather than purchasing a new booth.
- Carpeting and furnishings will be rented on site rather than shipped.
- Show staff will be a maximum of two attendees in order to reduce unnecessary travel or equipment needs.