Due to Covid 19, multiple suppliers are being used to supply this product. Unfortunately, product box quantities and pricing vary between suppliers. Please call for a quote.
Our AlphaSorb® Foam Bass Trap is built to provide maximum broadband absorption and low frequency control for critical listening environments. These acoustic foam bass traps are commonly used in the broadcast and recording industries, as well as home theaters. Choose from either a flat or convoluted pattern and 2′ or 4′ heights for maximum design versatility.
Our AlphaSorb® Foam Bass Traps utilized a Class 1 fire-rated acoustical foam for use in both public and private spaces. The lightweight, wedge-shaped construction of the bass trap allows for easy corner mounting, either vertically or horizontally. These acoustic bass trap can simply rest on the floor in the corners, or you can adhere the trap with water-based foam construction adhesive.
NOTE: This product has been transitioned to a new manufacturing process. Material may vary slightly to previously ordered material.
- Broadcast, Recording & Sound Studios
- Production Facilities
- Music Rehearsal Spaces
- Home Theaters & Critical Listening Environments
- Reduces echo and reverberation
- Improves speech intelligibility
- Exceptional low frequency response
- Mold-resistant, fire-retardant
Technical Information for AlphaSorb® Foam Bass Trap:
- Size: 24″ or 48″ height
- Material: Open-cell melamine-based foam
- Intended Use: Interior, sound absorption for corners
- Finish: Natural Grey, Natural White
- Pattern: Flat or Convoluted
- Natural Grey: 0.56 +/- 0.09 lb / sq ft
- Natural White: 0.47 +/- 0.13 lb / sq ft
- Service Temperature: -40 deg. F to 350 deg. F
- Fire Rating: Class 1 or A per ASTM E84
|Sound Absorption (Hz) Type J Mount|
|Sound Absorption (Hz) in Sabins Type J Mount|
- Easily mount these bass traps in any corner with water-based construction adhesive
- Ceiling installations may require additional support and cure time
- Sand all glossy surfaces
- Ensure all surfaces are clean, dry, structural sound and free of dust, grease, oil or other debris prior to installation
- For best results, install this product at the end of your construction project
- Use clean gloves to prevent soiling material
- Melamine foam is fragile, please handle with care
- Do not install material of unacceptable quality