Titebond GREENchoice Heavy Duty Construction Adhesive offers superior interior and exterior strength and is the recommended adhesive for Alpha Foams. Its all-purpose versatility is ideal for all common building materials. It provides a strong grab, fills gaps and irregularities and will remain permanently flexible.
GREENchoice Heavy Duty is a VOC-compliant formula containing no ozone depleting chemicals, making it safer for you and the environment. Unlike solvent-based adhesives, it is nonflammable, emits no harmful fumes and cleans up with water.
- Environmentally Friendly
- Recommended for use with Alpha Acoustic Foam
- Bonds wood, paneling, drywall, plywood, metal, plastics, foam board, tub surround & more
- Can be used on wet, frozen or treated lumber
- Offers freeze / thaw stability
- Cleans easily with water in wet state
- Cartridge and carton contain post-consumer recycled material
- Size: 10.5-ounce tube, 29-ounce tube
- 10.5-ounce tube: Approximately 16-24 square feet per tube
- 29-ounce tube: Approximately 44-60 square feet per tube
- Color: Beige
- Storage Life: 18 months in an unopened container
- Physical Properties
- State: Medium-viscosity mastic
- Viscosity: 75,000 cps
- PH: 5.0
- Solids: 75%
- Calculated VOC: 6.6 g/L
- Weight per gallon: 11.68 lbs.
- Flashpoint: greater than 200 degrees F.
- Freeze / Thaw Stability: Stable
- Application Temperature: 40 deg. F. to 100 deg. F.
- Service Temperature Range: 0 deg. F. to 120 deg. F.
- Method of Application: Cartridge style caulking gun
- Working Time: Approximately 20 minutes for a 1/4″ bead
- Working Surfaces: Surfaces must be clean and free of any material that may deter adhesion. Only apply adhesive to the surfaces to be bonded.
LIMITATIONS: When applying over paint, wallpaper, ceramic tile or other thin non-porous materials, sand or scrape to penetrate that surface beforehand. This will allow drying and increase bond strength. This product cannot be used to bond one non-porous surface to another, because such a situation will prevent drying. GREENchoice Heavy Duty works well on most metals, however, for heavy metal or steel applications, we recommend GREENchoice Premium Polyurethane. For best results, store adhesive above 40°F.
CAUTION: EYE AND SKIN IRRITANT. Contains ethylene glycol. Do not swallow, allow eye contact or prolonged skin contact. First Aid: If swallowed, do not induce vomiting; contact physician. If eye contact occurs, flush with water for 15 minutes. Wash skin contact areas with soap and water. If irritation from eye or skin contact persists, contact physician. For additional information, refer to Safety Data Sheet. KEEP OUT OF THE REACH OF CHILDREN.