AlphaWedge® Foam is a cost-effective, high-performing sound absorption foam panel that provides strong noise reduction over a wide range of frequencies. AlphaWedge® Acoustic Foam is available 2′ x 4′ sheets and thickness of 1″, 1-1/2″, 2″, 3″ and 4″.
AlphaWedge® Foam is Class 1 fire-rated, comes in grey and white colors, and is easily installed with a water-based panel adhesive.
- Broadcast and Recording Studios
- Offices and Conference Rooms
- Distance Learning
- Reduces echo and reverberation
- Improves speech intelligibility
- Exceptional acoustical performance
- Mold-resistant, fire-retardant
Technical Information for AlphaWedge® Acoustical Foam:
- Size: 2′ x 4′
- Thickness: 1″, 1-1/2″, 2″, 3″, 4″
- Material: Open-cell melamine-based foam
- Pattern: Anechoic Wedge
- Intended Use: Interior, sound absorption
- Finish: Grey, White
- Density: 0.7 lbs./cu. ft.
- Fire Rating: Class 1 or A per ASTM E84
- NRC: (2″) 0.80, (3″) 1.100, (4″) 1.20
|Sound Absorption (Hz) per ASTM C423-90a|
- These panels can easily be mounted to any wall or ceiling surface with water-based construction adhesive.
- Installation is best done at the end of the construction project.
- Use clean gloves to prevent soiling material.
- Melamine foam is fragile and should be handled with care.
- Maintain uniform temperature of minimum 60° F and maximum humidity of 40% prior to, during and after installation.
- Do not install material of unacceptable quality.