An AlphaSorb® Fabric Wrapped Ceiling Banner is a flexible banner that provides exceptional sound absorption with a fabric finish. These banners are designed to be used in facilities that require large amounts of absorption for sound and noise control. AlphaSorb® Ceiling Banners reduce reverberation (echo) time in harsh acoustical environments, while maintaining a very eye-pleasing look. They are designed to hang parallel to the ceiling via aluminum mounting stays and acceptable hardware.
AlphaSorb® Fabric Wrapped Banners are available in a standard width of 4 ft. (other custom widths available) and custom lengths up to 20 ft. Available in 2″ and 4″ thicknesses, the material is Class 1 fire-rated. AlphaSorb® Fabric Wrapped Banners are covered with a Guilford of Maine Fabric FR701, Style 2100. These banners offer easy installation, an attractive appearance and sound-absorption ratings from NRC 1.00 – 1.15.
Arenas, gymnasiums, multipurpose rooms, theaters, aquatic centers, manufacturing and more.
- Reduces echo and reverberation
- Improves speech intelligibility
- Exceptional acoustical performance
- Wipe-able finish
- Size: up to 4′ x 20′
- Thickness: 2″ (default), 4″
- Material: 0.75 lb. acoustical fiberglass core
- Intended Use: Interior, sound absorption
- Finish: Guilford of Maine FR701 or other approved acoustically transparent fabric
- Suspension Provision: Anodized Aluminum Stiffener/Gripper Bars (For hanging with a festoon)
- Fire Rating: Class 1 per ASTM E 84 25/0/50
- 2″ Thick: 1.00
- 4″ Thick: 1.15
- Install to existing construction using stiffeners or direct mount washer plates using appropriate cable and/or hardware. (See Installation Guide in Documents)
- Installation is best done at the end of the construction project.
- Do not install material of unacceptable quality or pre-install suspension hardware.
- Store material out of direct UV sunlight and maintain at room temperature.