AlphaSorb® Fabric Wrapped Sound Baffle
AlphaSorb® Fabric Wrapped Sound Baffles provide a decorative ceiling acoustic treatment that is distinctly designed for your environment. They are ideal for large spaces that need a stylish and high-performing solution for reverberation and echo.
Functionally, our acoustic baffles provide excellent acoustic performance and lasting durability, making them ideal for most interior spaces. Our hanging baffles offer easy installation with few components, a Class A fire rating, and exceptional sound absorption strength. The noise reduction coefficient (NRC) rating ranges from 0.85 to 1.15, depending on the thickness of the glass fiber core. The thicker the core, the greater the sound absorption capabilities, providing a greater level of noise reduction.
Visually, every detail has been considered so the corners and fabric facing look sharp. Each ceiling baffle is made by securely adhering two rigid acoustic panels back-to-back. D-Ring hooks are discreetly sealed between the panels. That means there is no need for grommets or other bulky hardware to detract from the sleek and modern look.
Each of our fabric wrapped acoustic baffles is custom-made in your choice of size, finish, and color. They can be made 1″ or 2″ thick in any size up to 4′ x 10′. They come standard wrapped in Guilford of Maine’s FR701 fabric. Other designer fabrics are available upon request.
Acoustic ceiling baffles are well suited for commercial and institutional settings like convention centers, libraries, cafeterias, lobbies, restaurants, and schools. In addition to offering superior acoustical values, our hanging acoustic baffles are lightweight and easy to install. The built-in D-Ring hooks make the process of attaching cables swift and uncomplicated.
- Premium and affordable fabric wrapped baffle
- Outstanding acoustical performance to reduce echo and reverberation and improve speech intelligibility
- Customizable with choice of fabric, size, and shapes
- D-Ring hooks integrated at the top of each baffle
- Easy installation and easy to maintain
- Size: Lengths up to 120″ and heights up to 48″
- Thickness: 1″ or 2″
- Material: 6–7 PCF rigid acoustical fiberglass core
- Edges: Chemically hardened
- Intended Use: Interior, sound absorption
- Fabric Finish: Guilford of Maine FR701 Fabric or as specified
- Fire Rating: Class 1 or A per ASTM E 84 25/0/50
|Sound Absorption Coefficients in Sabins per ASTM C423-90a|
|Noise Reduction Coefficient (Hz)|
- Suspend baffles using coated wire/ties and other fasteners as required.
- Installation is best done at the end of the construction project
- Do not install material of unacceptable quality or pre-install suspension hardware
- Store material out of direct UV sunlight and maintain it at room temperature.
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including formaldehyde and antimony trioxide, and glass wool fibers (inhalable and biopersistent), which are known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.