Our AudioSeal® Lag Tape is primarily used to seal and join the joints of AudioSeal® Duct and Pipe Wrap and AudioSeal® Duct and Pipe Lag. Lag tape easily conforms to irregular surfaces and excels in demanding conditions.
The lag tape is a UV resistant polypropylene tape coated with an Acrylic adhesive. It can be used in temperatures ranging from -35°F to 260°F, and will not delaminate over time. The tape also excels in both high heat and humidity conditions.
Technical Information for AudioSeal® Lag Tape:
- Material: Polypropylene tape coated with an Acrylic adhesive
- Color: Silver
- Nominal Width: 3 inches
- Roll Length: 150 Feet
- Thickness: 3.0 mils
- Minimum Application Temperature: -35 degrees Fahrenheit
- Maximum Application Temperature:
- Continuous: 260 degrees Fahrenheit
- Intermittent: 300 degrees Fahrenheit
- Remove dust, grease, moisture and other foreign matter from the application surface.
- Secure the lagging material in place by overlapping the lag onto itself by 2-3”, pull snug and taping the seam.
- Secure the next piece by overlapping the first by 2” and taping the seam.
Note: Use of AudioSeal® Lag Tape for an extended period of time at either higher or lower than recommended temperatures may result in tape failure.