AudioSeal® Duct and Pipe Wrap
AudioSeal® Duct and Pipe Wrap is a mass loaded barrier with a fiberglass decoupler used to block sound and reduce noise from pipes and HVAC duct work. It is a composite material constructed of a 1/8″ thick layer of foil faced mass loaded vinyl weighing one pound per square foot, bonded to a one or two-inch-thick layer of scrim faced quilted acoustical fiberglass. AudioSeal® Duct and Pipe Wrap is used to wrap duct work and pipes to keep sound from entering or leaving. The product is wrapped around noisy pipes and ducts to block the noise that transmits through the walls of the pipe or duct as air or other contents move through.
AudioSeal® Duct and Pipe Wrap also provides sound absorption and thermal insulation around the pipe or ductwork and decouples the barrier layer from the surface. The reinforced foil-faced exterior serves as a protective jacket for indoor or outdoor applications and provides a surface for tape to stick to. AudioSeal® Duct and Pipe Wrap is a Class 1 fire-rated material and is sold in rolls 54″ wide x 30′ long. It is easy to cut, wrap, and install with matching lag tape.
Technical Information for Audioseal® Duct and Pipe Wrap
- Size: 54″ (w) x 30′ (l) Roll
- Thickness: 1″, 2″ (nominal)
- Construction: 1 lb. / sq. ft. mass loaded vinyl noise barrier with a reinforced-foil facing on one side, bonded to a 1″ or 2″ thick (nominal) scrim faced quilted fiberglass decoupler on the opposite side.
- Fiberglass Quilt: 2.0 lb. / cu. ft. density (Fiberglass color may vary per supply between Yellow, Dark Brown, and Pink This does not affect performance.)
- Intended Use: To wrap the exterior of duct and/or piping to absorb and block sound
- “R” Factor: 4, 9
- Service Temp:
- -20 deg F to 220 deg F (1″)
- -20 deg F to 350 deg F (2″)
- Fire Rating: Class 1 or A per ASTM E84
- STC: 29, 30
|Sound Transmission Loss (Hz)|
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including Antimony Oxide, Vinyl Chloride Monomer and 1 .2-Benzendikarboxylsyra which are known to the State of California to cause cancer or birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.