PrivacyShield® Ceiling Tile Barrier
Typical Shipping Lead Time: 2 weeks; quantities greater than 100 will require additional time
Speech Privacy Without the Noise!
The PrivacyShield® Ceiling Tile Barrier is installed over existing ceiling tiles in a suspended ceiling grid to block sound. These mass loaded ceiling tile backers reduce the amount of sound and noise that is able to enter and exit the ceiling plenum. Ceiling tile barrier backers can be installed in both new and existing spaces to reduce the amount of sound transmitted from one space to the next. These are used when wall partitions do not extend up above the ceiling grid to the roof deck and offer an economical alternative to building full partition walls.
Speech Privacy and Noise Reduction in Private Offices, Conference Rooms, HR Departments, Legal Departments, and Medical Facilities. Noise due to rooftop units, HVAC, and other equipment.
- Greatly improves speech privacy
- Higher worker productivity
- Improved worker morale
- Reduced threat of corporate espionage
- Compliance with HIPAA
- Speech Privacy Without the Noise
- Size: 2′ x 2′ (23-3/4″ x 23-3/4″), 2’x4′ (24-3/4″ x 47-3/4″)
- Composition: 0.12 inch (3.05 mm) woven polyester acoustic decouple facing adhered to a 0.12 inch (3.05 mm) mass loaded vinyl sound barrier with a 0.003 inch (0.08 mm) fire retardant fabric backing
- Weight: 1.1 pounds per a square foot
- Fire Rating: Class A per ASTM E84 (UL 723)
- Complies with ISO/IEC Standards 17025, 17020, and Guide 65 (17065).
- Sound Transmission Loss (STC) Per ASTM E 90-09/E413-10
- STC: 27
|Sound Transmission Loss (Hz) (per ASTM E 90-09)|
Install PrivacyShield® Ceiling Tile Barrier by placing the barrier on top of the existing ceiling tile throughout the entire room. Please ensure the ceiling tile backers fit tightly into the grid.