Iso-Step® Quick Cure Soundproofing Underlayment Adhesive
Our superior Iso-Step® Quick Cure Soundproofing Underlayment Adhesive pairs with our Iso-Step® Soundproofing Underlayment. This adhesive has Impact Insulation Class (IIC) and Sound Insulation Class (STC) ratings of 68 dD. Combining our underlayment and this quick cure adhesive makes a powerful flooring system for impact sound control and reduced footstep noise.
We offer two types of premium flooring adhesives. Our standard underlayment adhesive and this quick cure adhesive which has additional soundproofing strength and speeds up installation time. Building an acoustic flooring assembly can now be done in even less time because this adhesive cures in just six hours.
Iso-Step® Quick Cure Soundproofing Underlayment Adhesive is a low VOC adhesive. It’s a sustainable product with less odor and less impact on air quality. The adhesive is easy to install due to its simple chemical composition. This makes it a faster and safer solution compared to two-part epoxy systems.
It is well-suited for a range of flooring materials including luxury vinyl tile (LVT), linoleum, and rubber tile or sheet flooring. It can also be used with hard and soft backed carpet tiles and cork. Possible floor assembly substrates include underlayment-grade plywood, particleboard, cement backer board, terrazzo, and many concrete and radiant heated subfloors.
Our quick-cure flooring underlayment adhesive is designed to handle extreme loads and environments. It’s a silane-based, modified urethane adhesive that requires installing with the wet lay method. It’s waterproof by design and serves as a moisture vapor barrier, providing the finished floor above it unlimited moisture protection.
This adhesive is a popular component in construction assemblies designed to address sound transmission. It cures in just 6 hours, half the time of our standard acoustic underlay adhesive, making it even easier to finish your soundproofing project. Its superior strength ensures that your soundproof flooring will last for many years.
Approved Flooring Types
- Sheet goods (vinyl, homogeneous, heterogeneous, fiberglass, felt-backed)
- Rubber (tile and sheet)
- Cork-backed hard surface
- Cork flooring
- Cork underlayment
- Stair treads (rubber and vinyl)
- Carpet tile (hard- and soft-backed)
- Walk off carpet tile
Approved Substrates and Surfaces
- APA underlayment grade plywood and OSBM
- Association grade particleboard
- Cement backer board
- Concrete and radiant heated subfloors that do not exceed 85°F (30°C)
- Existing well-bonded non-cushion-backed vinyl, tile and sheet flooring
- Fully secured cork underlayments
- Gypsum and lightweight concrete (primed with Universal Primer or Enhance)
- Terrazzo (properly prepared with all waxes and surface finishes removed)
- RH – No testing required (100%) [ASTM F2170]
- pH – No testing required (5-14)
- MVER – No testing required [ASTM F1869]
This product should be stored at temperatures between 50-90°F (15-32° C). While this product is freeze-thaw stable, it is necessary to protect it from freezing. Freeze/thaw stable to 10°F (-12°C).
DO NOT take internally. If swallowed, DO NOT induce vomiting. Call a physician immediately. KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.
Technical Information for Iso-Step® Flooring Adhesive
- Product Classification: Modified urethane (isocyanate free)
- Base Chemistry: STPE polymer-based (Hybrid Propel®)
- Curing Method: Moisture cure
- Appearance: Off white
- Consistency: Smooth, low-viscosity liquid
- Application: Easy troweling
- Flammability: Non-flammable
- Freeze/Thaw: Stable to 10°F (-12°C)
- Shelf Life: 1 year
- Moisture Control: Protects flooring against unlimited moisture
- RH: No testing required (100%)
- pH: No testing required (5–14)
- MVER: No testing required
- Open Time: 0 min (Sheet goods and stair treads); 10 min (Tile products)
- Dry Time: N/A
- Working Time: 45 min
- Cure Time: 6 hours
- Pot Life: N/A
- Light Traffic: 3 hrs
- Heavy Traffic: 4 hrs
- Heavy Rolling Loads: 8 hrs
- Solvents: None
- Isocyanates: None
- VOC (g/L): 0.1 per SCAQMD Rule #1168
- LEED Points: Contributes to low-emitting materials
- Certifications: Greenguard, FloorScore, CRI Green Label Plus
- IIC*: 68 dB
- STC*: 66 dB
* IIC (delta) and STC (delta) ranges are flooring assembly specific based on third-party testing and verification in a controlled environment.
|Flooring Type||Trowel Size||Trowel Type||Approximate Coverage|
|LVT/LVP, VCT/VET, Carpet tile (hard- and soft-backed)||1/16″ x 1/32″ x 1/32″ (1.6mm x 0.8mm x 0.8mm)||U-notch||220–260 sq. ft./gal|
|Sheet goods, Rubber tile, and sheet, Linoleum, WPC/WSC, Corkbacked hard surface, Cork flooring, Cork underlayment, Stair treads (rubber and vinyl)||1/16″ x 1/16″ x 1/16″ (1.6mm x 1.6mm x 1.6mm)||Square notch||150–180 sq. ft./gal|