Our WoodTrends® Basic Ceiling Tile combines unique perforation patterns with a stunning wood veneer for exceptional acoustics and an exquisite finish. Manufactured with a tegular edge on all four sides, this ceiling tile easily installs into a standard 15/16” or 9/16” lay-in ceiling grid system. Use these ceiling tiles on projects requiring a high-end wood look with excellent acoustic absorption.
The substrate of the WoodTrends® Basic Ceiling Tile is finished with your choice of wood veneer and a two-coat clear UV-polyacrylate lacquer. A state of the art CNC machinery produces round or elongated perforations, in array of available patterns, to achieve optimum acoustic absorption.
The reverse side of each panel receives a layer Soundtex acoustic textile. Soundtex provides a means of preventing visual bleed-through of the color from any acoustic material installed behind the panels. Integrating the WoodTrends® Basic Ceiling Tile is as simply as installing any ceiling tile and adds beauty to any project.
Technical Information for WoodTrends® Basic Ceiling Tile:
- Sizes: 2′ x 2′, 2′ x 4′ or custom as required.
- Construction: Wood veneer laminated to wood substrate
- Substrates: Medium Density Fiberboard (MDF), chipboard or plywood
- Edge Detail: Tegular or custom as required.
- Finish: Variety of wood veneers with a clear lacquer finish. Choose from American Red Oak, Anigre, Ash, Natural Bamboo, Caramel Bamboo, Beech, Birdseye Maple, Black Walnut, Caroline Pine, Cedar, Cherry, European Oak, Khaya Mahogany, Maple, Oregon Pine, Padoouk, Pear, Sapeli Mahogany, and Teak (see documents tab for veneer color chart)
- erforation Patterns: Variety of perforation patterns (see documents tab)
|Sound Absorption (Hz)|
% of openings
As with most interior finish products, store materials in areas with functional HVAC systems. Before installation, allow panels to acclimatize to the room’s environment for at least 72 hours. Ideal environmental conditions are 72°F, with a relative humidity of between 45% and 55%.
- Drop into existing standard 15/16″ T-bar suspended grid
- Use cross tees as required
- Install outer panels first. Start with the corner panels and then fill in the edge panels
- Raise panel above grid, align and drop into place
- Be sure the wood grain runs in the same direction
- Shim panels with spring clips or equal
Cleaning and Maintenance:
After installation, the panels should be treated as any fine piece of furniture would be treated. A final cleaning with a soft cloth and any good furniture polish will enhance and preserve the luster of the finish. Panels may be vacuumed with a non-marring, natural bristle head. Avoid using a short or hard bristle cleaning head as damage may occur. After removing the dust, you should restore the woods beauty by wiping the panels with a quality furniture polish such as lemon oil.
Do not spray the polish directly on the panel. Instead, apply the polish to a soft dust-free cloth and wipe the panels lightly. At all costs, avoid using water or a damp cloth as this may affect the stability of the veneer surface. The intervals of cleaning will depend on the conditions of your building. Cleaning is recommended at least once a year but may be dependent upon your building conditions. Periodic maintenance will preserve the look and performance of WoodTrends® for many years to come.