Desktop Sound Masking System
The Desktop Sound Masking System is available when a portable solution for speech privacy is desired. Small and portable, this system is a professional grade speaker that provides speech privacy in home offices, small waiting areas and for locations where it is difficult to install sound masking in the ceiling or plenum. This white noise machine helps create speech privacy by generating a comfortable background sound in the area it is being used.
Simply place the desktop unit in the room, preferably between you and the other areas that require the privacy. The Desktop Sound Masking System consists of an individual self-contained noise generator, audio amplifier, loud speaker and power supply unit in a sleek, rectangular ABS speaker body. It is powered by an internal transformer with a 120 VAC plug. You can make adjustments by using a small screw driver (not provided), to the contour and volume control. Each speaker comes with a 6-foot cord that can plug into any 110v outlet. You can adjust the Desktop Sound Masking System to suit a variety of room conditions by making adjustments to the amplitude and spectra shapes. You can make adjustments in increments of +/- ½ dB.
In addition, this noise masking machine has the adjustment capability to provide the most unobtrusive sound while obtaining the maximum speech privacy. Unlike conventional white noise machines, our Desktop Sound Masking unit meets ASTM E-1130 standards for speech privacy and sound uniformity. The spectrum shape adjustment ranges from 1 dB at 125 Hz to 20 dB at 8,000 Hz (typical). Range of sound level: 41-86 dBA. This commercial grade speaker is available in a white or black color. Speakers come with mounting brackets and rubber feet for a variety of mounting options. Use the rubber feet to simply set on a desk or use the mounting bracket to attach elsewhere.
- Home Offices
- Small Waiting Areas
- Locations where it is difficult to install sound masking in the ceiling or plenum
- Localized speech privacy
- Install this product in the area needing noise masking
- Easy access to control
Technical Information for Desktop Sound Masking System
- Size: 8″ (height) x 5-5/8″ (width) x 5-1/3″ (depth)
- Intended Use: Unit produces white noise to aid in masking sound for speech privacy
- Speaker Body: Cabinet in white or black ABS material.
- Grill: Metal mesh grill with bracket and screw.
- Power Rating: 40 VA
- Dispersion: 160 degrees to 180 degrees
- Impedance: 32 Ohms
- Resonance: fixed frequency at 120 Hz
- Magnet Weight: 10 oz.
- Power: Each speaker comes with a 6-foot electrical cord that can plug into any 110V outlet.
- Mounting: Speakers come with mounting brackets and rubber feet for a variety of mounting options.