AlphaSorb® Barrier Acoustic Panels
The AlphaSorb® Barrier Fabric Wrapped Wall Panels offer the sound absorption value of standard wall panels combined with the soundproofing capabilities of mass loaded vinyl. This is achieved with the addition of the sound barrier septum between the two layers of fiberglass. These panels are used to improve the acoustics within a room as well as block the transmission of sound to adjacent spaces.
For this product to be effective in blocking sound, the whole wall needs to be covered from floor to ceiling. The AlphaSorb® Barrier Fabric Wrapped Wall Panels allow you to add a sound-blocking material without having to reconstruct your wall assembly. Ideal for applications that require speech privacy or need to block sound.
AlphaSorb® Barrier Panels may be cut to fit on-site or ordered in custom sizes. Also, note that electrical boxes will need to be extended to compensate for the added thickness of the panel. It is recommended that cutouts for electrical boxes and other protrusions be done in the field by a qualified contractor.
Prior to purchasing this product, please be prepared to provide the following information, if requested:
- Pictures of the space
- Wall elevation drawings with dimensions for width and height
- Basic floor plan with dimensions
- Drawings indicating dimensions for obstacles, trim, or protrusions that would affect panel dimensions
- Drawings indicating the width, height, and placement of any doors, windows, and electrical boxes
- Block & absorb sound with one product
- A perfect retro-fit solution
- Reduce reverberation and echo
- Improves speech intelligibility
- Size: up to 4’x10′
- Thickness: 1-1/8″ & 2-1/8″
- Tolerance: +/- 1/8″
- Density: two layers of 6-7 pound per cubic foot acoustical fiberglass substrate with 1/8 thick one-pound barrier septum.
- Intended Use: Interior, sound absorption, sound blocking
- Fire Rating: Class A
- Fabric Finish: Guilford of Maine FR701 Style 2100 (other fabrics available as specified)
- Edge Detail: Options for Square, Bevel, Radius, or Miter Edge
- Edge Construction: Natural or Chemically Hardened (Hardened edges provide additional edge protection and a crisper edge appearance.)
- Mounting options: Impaling clips (adhesive not included)
- NRC: 1-1/8″ (0.65) 2-1/8″ (0.85)
- STC: 1-1/8″ (29) 2-1/8″ (33)
These panels are a custom product that you design yourself.
- Choose your thickness & size
- Select your fabric color
- Choose your edge design
- Call to place your order.
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including formaldehyde, antimony trioxide and DINP, which are known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.