Ecosorpt® Cotton Sound Baffle
Our EcoSorpt® Cotton Sound Baffle is used to reduce ambient noise levels and excessive reverberation in large open spaces. They are manufactured with grommets along one edge for easy suspension from the ceiling.
The natural cotton fibers are 100% recyclable and are made from at least 80% post-industrial recycled content, making them a natural fit for LEED® certified projects. With Ecosorpt® Recycled Cotton Baffles, there is less landfill, less pollution and less energy consumption in the manufacturing process.
EcoSorpt® products can be used in a wide variety of applications, and are an economical, acoustical solution. EcoSorpt® is Class 1 Fire Rated and safe for use in public buildings. EcoSorpt® products can be used in a wide variety of applications due to their versatile appearance and economical price point.
Gymnasiums, Auditoriums, Classrooms, Music Rooms, Arenas & Stadiums, Churches, Offices, Computer Rooms, Restaurants/Cafeterias, Residential, Concert Halls & Theaters, Pro Audio, Gun Ranges, Manufacturing Plants, Machine Enclosures, Water Treatment Plants.
- 80% post-industrial recycled content
- 100% recyclable
- Impact resistant
- Easy installation
- Size: 2′ x 4′
- Thickness: 1″, 2″
- Material: Bonded recycled cotton (Semi-rigid and flexible)
- 3 pound per cubic foot (1″ & 2″)
- 6 pound per cubic foot (1″ only)
- Colors: Beige, Black, Graphite, Light Grey, Marble Blue, White
- Grommets: Brass or Silver
- Flammability: Class A per ASTM E-84
- Flame Spread: 5
- Smoke Developed: 35
- NRC (Type A Mount) Wall Mount
- 1″ Thick, 3 PCF: 0.80
- 2″ Thick, 3 PCF: 1.15
- 1″ Thick, 6 PCF: 0.85
|Sound Absorption (Hz)|
|1″, 3 PCF||0.08||0.31||0.79||1.01||1.00||0.99||0.80|
|2″, 3 PCF||0.35||0.94||1.32||1.22||1.06||1.03||1.15|
|1″, 6 PCF||0.07||0.30||0.86||1.10||1.05||1.03||0.85|
|Sound Absorption (Hz) Sabins/Baffle|
- Suspend baffles using coated wire/ties and other fastener as required through grommets.
- Installation is best done at the end of the construction project
- Do not install material of unacceptable quality or pre-install suspension hardware (grommet locations may vary slightly)
- All sizes are nominal and are subject to manufacturing tolerances that may vary +/- 1/8″. Due to the manufacturing process and the inclusion of recycled content, there may be color inconsistencies – including dye lot variations – flecks, specks, and other slight surface blemishes are unavoidable.