EcoSorpt® Cotton Acoustic Panel
The EcoSorpt® Cotton Acoustic Panel is a LEED-eligible, high-performance, recycled cotton product that is used to reduce ambient noise levels and excessive reverberation. These panels can be glued directly to a wall or ceiling for interior applications. The natural cotton fibers are 100% recyclable and are made from at least 80% post-industrial recycled content, making them a natural fit for the new LEED-certified projects. As a result, less landfill, less energy consumption in the manufacturing process, less pollution, and a product that meets your needs for noise control.
EcoSorpt® cotton products can be used in a wide variety of applications. Whether you need to increase speech intelligibility or lower excessive noise levels, EcoSorpt® materials are your economical, acoustical solution.
- 80% post-industrial recycled content
- 100% recyclable
- Impact resistant
- Easy installation
- Size: 2′ x 4′
- Thickness: 1″ or 2″
- 3 pounds per cubic foot (1″ & 2″)
- 6 pounds per cubic foot (1″ only)
- Material: Bonded recycled cotton (Semi-rigid and flexible)
- Flammability: Class A per ASTM E84
- Flame Spread: 5
- Smoke Developed: 35
- Colors: Marble Blue, Graphite, Beige, Black, Light Grey, White
- NRC (Type A Mount)
- 1″ Thick, 3 PCF: 0.80
- 2″ Thick, 3 PCF: 1.15
- 1″ Thick, 6 PCF: 0.85
|Sound Absorption (Hz)|
|1″, 3 PCF||0.08||0.31||0.79||1.01||1.00||0.99||0.80|
|2″, 3 PCF||0.35||0.94||1.32||1.22||1.06||1.03||1.15|
|1″, 6 PCF||0.07||0.30||0.86||1.10||1.05||1.03||0.85|
- These panels can easily be mounted to any wall or ceiling surface with water-based construction adhesive.
- Installation is best done at the end of the construction project.
- Use clean gloves to prevent soiling material.
- Do not install material of unacceptable quality.
- The colors vary from dye lot to dye lot due to recycled content. All sizes are nominal and are subject to manufacturing tolerances that may vary +/- 1/8″. Due to the manufacturing process, there may be color inconsistencies — including dye lot variations — flecks, specks, and other slight surface blemishes are unavoidable.