Our PolyPhon™ Polyester Acoustic Panels are sound absorbing panels developed with environmental friendliness in mind. The panels are made from 100% polyester, 60% recycled fiber, and are 100% recyclable. PolyPhon™ Panels offer many environmental advantages and are a good alternative to a traditional fabric wrapped fiberglass panel.
PolyPhon™ Polyester offers sound absorption ratings comparable to fiberglass acoustical board. The core material is durable enough to withstand the force of a basketball yet may be pierced by a thumb tack for use as a tack board. The abuse resistant polyester is an excellent choice for use high traffic areas in athletic facilities, offices, schools, multipurpose rooms and just about anywhere.
The PolyPhon™ Polyester Acoustic Panels are delivered as a finished, durable sheet, ready to install. They may be easily cut to size on site for a custom fit or to create your own designs.
- Environmentally friendly
- Formaldehyde free
- No chemical irritants
- Odor and dust free
- 60% recycled content / 100% recyclable
- Impact and abuse resistant
Technical Information for PolyPhon™ Polyester Acoustic Panels:
- Sizes: 2′ x 4′, 4′ x 8′
- Thickness: 1″, 2″
- Core: 100% Polyester Fiber (60% PET-Recycled Fiber, 40% PET Virgin Fiber)
- 1″ Thick: 7 pounds per cubic foot (PCF)
- 2″ Thick: 5 pounds per cubic foot (PCF)
- Color: White, Beige
- Edge Detail: Natural
- Fire Rating: Class 1 or A per ASTM E84
- Flame Spread: 15
- Smoke Developed: 250
- Mounting options: Construction adhesive and/or mechanical fasteners as appropriate (Installation hardware to be provided by installer)
- Note: Panels are double sided. Expose the best-looking surface into the room.
- NRC: 0.70, 0.90, 0.95
|Sound Absorption (Hz) (per ASTM C 423-09)|
Type A: Sound absorption test for materials mounted direct to a flat surface like a wall or ceiling.
Type E400: Sound absorption test for materials installed into a T-Bar suspended ceiling grid.
Cleaning and Maintenance:
Use a tacky lint roller to remove all loose dirt and dust or vacuum lightly with clean brush attachment. If still dirty, use a mild detergent with warm water and scrub lightly. Be sure to test in a small unnoticeable area first to make sure there are no adverse reactions to your solution. Blot dry with a clean absorbent cloth.