Our AlphaSorb® High CAC Ceiling Tile provides you with a high-performance ceiling tile for maximum sound absorption and noise blocking. The High CAC Ceiling Tile was developed to improve speech intelligibility by lowering room reverberation and prevent sound transmission. This duel function ceiling tiles improves comfort and reduces noise for a range of applications using drop tile grid systems.
The absorptive properties of this ceiling tile reduce reverberation and sound reflections within the space. Additionally, interior demising walls often stop short of the roof deck, allowing sound to pass through the ceiling grid to an adjacent space. In tandem with the acoustic foam, The AlphaSorb® High CAC Ceiling Tile utilizes a fire rated gypsum backer to provide a Ceiling Attenuation Class (CAC) of 45 to aid in blocking sound. This combination of materials makes our AlphaSorb® High CAC Ceiling Tile the perfect choice for just about any grid application.
- Classrooms & Corridors
- Private & Open-Plan Offices
- Privacy Rooms
- Theaters & Recording Studios
- Open-cell, fiber-free, lightweight & easy to install
- Aesthetically pleasing smooth finish
- Viscoelastic sound dampening layer
- Highly sound-absorptive (NRC)
- High sound-blocking (CAC)
- High Light Reflectance
- Fits in a 9/16″ or 15/16″ T-bar grid system
- Size: 23-3/4″ x 23-3/4″
- Thickness: 2-1/4″
- Material: Open-cell melamine-based foam backed with a sag-resistant 3/8″ backer board.
- Style: Square, Bevel
- Finish: Natural Grey, Natural White, Coated with non-bridging paint
- Natural Grey: 0.56 +/- 0.09 lb / sq ft
- Natural White: 0.47 +/- 0.13 lb / sq ft
- Service Temperature: -40 deg. F to 350 deg. F
- Light Reflectance: 0.81
- Fire Rating: Class 1 or A per ASTM E84
- NRC: 0.85
- CAC: 45
|Sound Absorption (Hz)|
per ASTM C423-90a E-400
|Sound Blocking (Hz)|
Ceiling Attenuation Class (CAC)
- Quickly drops into any standard T-bar ceiling grid system
- Cross-tees facilitate retrofitting of 24″ x 48″ ceiling grids
- Press panels from above to set into grids (do not pull from face)
- Installation is best done at the end of the construction project.
- Use clean gloves to prevent soiling material.
- Melamine foam is fragile, please handle with care.
- Do not install material of unacceptable quality.