AlphaSorb® Pyramid Acoustic Foam
Our AlphaSorb® line of acoustic foam pyramid panels reduce echo and noise to create comfortable environments that are easier to hear in. The pyramid-shaped surface provides exceptional acoustical performance and offers distinct visual appeal. They can be suspended from ceilings or mounted directly to vertical wall surfaces. Regardless of the placement, AlphaSorb® Pyramid Foam creates a well-designed, acoustically-enhanced spaces, greatly improving speech intelligibility thus promoting a comfortable acoustical profile within the space. In the 4 in. thickness, this product offers 100% sound absorption. It is also available in 2 in. and 3 in. thicknesses.
AlphaSorb® Pyramid Acoustic Foam panels create a uniform look on treated walls and ceilings and is ideal for any application where sound absorption and aesthetics are both considerations. AlphaSorb® Pyramid Foam is available in natural grey and white or coated with a non-bridging paint in the custom color you choose.
NOTE: This product has been transitioned to a new manufacturing process. Material may vary slightly to previously ordered material.
- Broadcast and Recording Studios
- Vocal Booths, Control Rooms, Edit Suites
- Offices and Conference Rooms
- Distance Learning, Music and Choral Rooms
- Worship Facilities
- Commercial Facilities
- Reduces echo and reverberation
- Improves speech intelligibility
- Light weight, fiber-free core
- Exceptional acoustical performance
- Mold-resistant, fire-retardant
- Size: 2′ x 2′; also available in 2′ x 4′ and 4′ x 4′ (call us for price, availability, and lead time)
- Thickness: 2″, 3″, 4″
- Material: Open-cell melamine-based foam
- Intended Use: Interior, sound absorption
- Natural Grey
- Natural White
- Coated (Custom Order, please call)
- Natural Grey: 0.56 +/- 0.09 lb / sq ft
- Natural White: 0.47 +/- 0.13 lb / sq ft
- Service Temperature: -40 deg. F to 350 deg. F
- Fire Rating: Class 1 or A per ASTM E 84
- NRC: 0.70 – 1.00
|Sound Absorption (Hz) per ASTM C 423-09a|
- These panels can easily be mounted to any wall or ceiling surface with water-based construction adhesive.
- Installation is best done at the end of the construction project.
- Use clean gloves to prevent soiling material.
- Melamine foam is fragile and should be handled with care.
- Maintain uniform temperature of minimum 60° F and maximum humidity of 40% prior to, during and after installation.
- Do not install material of unacceptable quality.