PrivacyShield® Soundproofing Door Seal Kit (Top and Sides Only)
Our PrivacyShield® Soundproofing Door Seal Kit (Top and Sides Only) includes three door jamb seals. These acoustic seals secure directly to the door stop or door jamb to reduce the passage of sound around the perimeter of a door. They feature a unique compression design with a sound absorbing neoprene rubber gasket that molds to form a tight seal against the door surface. This seal augments the sound performance of the sound rated door assemblies that might otherwise have irregularities causing air gaps.
These acoustical door jambs seals are listed for use with both wood and metal doors. The #475 and #485 seals simply attach to the existing door stop. The #170 and #770 jambs are adjustable seals and are heavy duty enough for use in place of a traditional door stop (see “Setback/Offset Requirement” below).
Door jamb seal kits may be ordered in standard sizes of 30×80, 32×80, 36×80, 48×80, 30×84, 32×84, 36×84, and 48×84 inches to fit most standard door sizes. Not all sizes are available in all jamb seal styles.
These door jamb seals are often used in conjunction with automatic door bottoms and door thresholds to provide a complete door seal, or purchased as the PrivacyShield® Soundproofing Door Seal Kit (Complete Set).
Technical Information for PrivacyShield® Soundproofing Door Seal Kit (Top and Sides Only)
- Size: 30″ x 80″, 32″ x 80″, 36″ x 80″, 48″ x 80″, 30″ x 84″, 32″ x 84″, 36″ x 84″, 48″ x 84″ — Note that not all sizes are available in all styles.
- Color: Aluminum
- Setback/Offset Requirement: #170 and #770 jambs require a minimum setback of 3-3/8″ for door handle, unless you use the jamb as the stop
- 485: This is the most basic door seal and attaches to the door stop on a door frame.
- 475: Similar to the 485, except this model has a convenient snap on cover to hide mounting screws.
- 170: Adjustable neoprene sponge seal typically used as the door stop and seal.
- 770: Adjustable neoprene bubble seal typically used as the door stop and seal. The bubble seal on this kit has a compression range of 0.310.”
- Tolerance: +/- 1/8″