Our Automatic Door Bottom utilizes a flat spring mechanism, which activates when closing the door, lowering a neoprene seal insert against the floor or threshold to create a sound seal. These are for use on the push side of the door. The frame compresses a protruding hinge-side “plunger” as the door closes, to activate the spring. The Automatic Door Bottom then drops a seal in a scissor-like motion from the hinge side, adjusting to the floor from a pivoting point. As the neoprene seal compresses, it forms a tight, secure seal against the saddle or floor. The sweep retracts automatically as the door opens.
Our Automatic Door Bottoms can be made to fit any sized door up to 48″. We offer a surface mounted unit, as well as a mortised and semi-mortised version. Surface mounted bottoms install without removing the door from its hinges. Semi-mortised bottoms may require door removal if the door does not have a cut out. Mortised bottoms will require removal of the door prior to installation. These door bottoms are available with a clear anodized aluminum or dark bronze anodized aluminum finish.
Automatic door bottoms are often used in conjunction with door jamb seals and acoustic thresholds or as an Acoustic Door Seal Kit.
- Standard and custom options available
- Seals air gaps to increase the STC of door assemblies
- Reversible for left or right-handed doors
Technical Information for Automatic Door Bottom:
- Size: Widths up to 48″
- Finish: Aluminum, Dark Bronze Anodized, custom powder coated finishes upon request.
- Type: Surface Mount (367), Semi-Mortised (366), Mortised (369-Aluminum finish only)
- Seal: Solid neoprene rubber
- Maximum Drop:
- Surface Mount (367): Up to 1/2″
- Semi-Mortised (366): Up to 1″
- Mortised (369): Up to 1/2″
- Tolerance: +/- 1/8″
- Installation (See installation Guide in Documents tab)
- Surface mounted bottoms install without removing the door from its hinges.
- Semi-mortised bottoms may require removal of door if the door does not have cut out.
- Mortised bottoms will require removal of the door prior to installation.