Our AlphaSorb® Drop-In Foam Ceiling Tile is a high-efficiency sound absorbing tile for use in suspended ceiling grid systems to reduce ambient noise. The fiber-free core of this ceiling tile reduces reverberation times and excessive echoes that impair proper speech intelligibility. As the sound waves strike the ceiling, the open-celled melamine acoustic foam core absorbs both direct and early reflections. At only two inches thick, our Drop-In Foam Ceiling Tile achieves a Noise Reduction Coefficient (NRC) of 1.00. This essentially equates to 100% sound absorption in the speech frequencies when mounting in a ceiling grid (Type E400).
From an aesthetics standpoint, our Our AlphaSorb® Drop-In Foam Ceiling Tile provides architects with an exceptional acoustic material, without comprising creativity. Our ceiling tiles are the natural choice to combine contemporary styling with exceptional sound absorption. The design of the tile incorporates a rabbited edge to ensure the ceiling tile is flush to the grid. These are the perfect solution and easy to install into standard 9/16″ or 15/16″ drop tile suspended ceiling grid systems.
- Classrooms & Corridors
- Private & Open-Plan Offices
- Healthcare & Clinics
- Privacy Rooms
- Theaters & Recording Studios
- Hotels & Retail
- Open-cell, fiber-free, lightweight & easy to install
- Aesthetically pleasing smooth finish
- Improved overall acoustic quality, reduce stress, improved productivity
- Highly sound-absorptive (NRC)
- Fits in a 9/16″ or 15/16″ T-bar grid system
- Size: 23-7/8″ x 23-7/8″ nominal
- Thickness: 2″
- Material: Open-cell melamine-based foam
- Pattern: Smooth
- Finish: Natural Grey, Natural White, Coated with non-bridging paint
- Natural Grey: 0.56 +/- 0.09 lb / sq ft
- Natural White: 0.47 +/- 0.13 lb / sq ft
- Service Temperature: -40 deg. F to 350 deg. F
- Weight: Approximately 0.33 pounds per tile
- Fire Rating: Class 1 or A per ASTM E84
- NRC: 0.90 – 1.00
|Sound Absorption (Hz) per ASTM C423-90a E-400
- Quickly drops into any standard T-bar ceiling grid system
- Cross-tees facilitate retrofitting of 24″ x 48″ ceiling grids
- Press panels from above to set into grids (do not pull from face)
- Installation is best done at the end of the construction project.
- Use clean gloves to prevent soiling material.
- Melamine foam is fragile, please handle with care.
- Do not install material of unacceptable quality.