Green Glue Noiseproofing Sealant (12 Pack)
Green Glue Noiseproofing Sealant seals cracks and gaps to prevent unwanted noise from escaping a room. Like cracks in armor, the best soundproofing strategy will fail if you leave cracks and other gaps in a wall, floor or ceiling uncovered. It is non-hazardous, has practically no odor, and it resists drying out or cracking with age. Employ this acoustical sealant in conjunction with sound barriers, vibration isolators and other construction materials to effectively construct soundproof assemblies. No soundproofing job is complete without it.
Seals in Minutes
It takes just minutes to apply Green Glue Noiseproofing Sealant along edges and cracks. It dries completely in 48 hours.
No training is necessary to use Green Glue Noiseproofing Sealant – you can apply it in the same fashion as standard caulking material. The sealant comes in 28-ounce tubes that fit into quart-sized calking guns. Cleanup is simple with just soap and water, even when wet. Once dry, you can paint over the sealant.
Adding Green Glue Noiseproofing Sealant to your soundproofing project can reduce noise transmission through floor ceiling assemblies, as well as squeaking caused by settling floors. Green Glue Noiseproofing Sealant exceeds LEED green building requirements and has been independently tested by Underwriters Laboratories for fire safety and environmental impact.
Technical Information for Green Glue Noiseproofing Sealant
- Size: 28 fl. oz. tube (Case of 12)
- Color: White
- Odor: Mild, none after drying
- Solid Content: 70% +/- 5%
- Viscosity: Light past 1,3700,000-1,450-000 cps (#RV-6 @ 10 rpm)
- Weight: 11.4 +/- 0.5 lbs. / gal.
- Working Temperature: 40 deg. F to 90 deg. F
- Flame Spread: 0
- Smoke Developed: 0
- Mold Resistance: Per ASTM D3273-00
- VOC: Meets CA Section 01350, no formaldehyde emission detected
- Drying Time: 48 Hours
- Coverage: 40-80 linear ft. per 28 oz. tube
- Shelf Life: One Year
- Make sure the surfaces that are to be sealed are clean.
- Cut a ¼” hole in the tip of the tube with a utility knife.
- Screw nozzle tightly over the tip of the tube and cut a ¼” hole in the tip of the nozzle.
- When your nozzle is cut, place the tube in a standard 28-ounce caulk gun to prepare for installation.
- A very common application of Noiseproofing Sealant is filling 1/8” to 1/4” gaps between drywall joints, and areas where the drywall meets the floor and ceiling.
- Other applications include spaces around electrical outlets, windows, doors, and light fixtures.
- Apply 48 hours before painting to allow for drying time. Drywall mud can be applied directly over Green Glue Noiseproofing Sealant.