Green Glue Noiseproofing Compound (5 Gallon)
Green Glue Noiseproofing Compound is a unique damping product that is ideal for new construction and renovation projects. Green Glue Noiseproofing compound isolates sound and vibration between two layers of construction materials. This is most often between layers of drywall and is the most popular and cost-effective soundproofing material on the market. The compound’s unique properties act as a damping material to dissipate the vibrations caused by sound waves as they travel through ceilings, walls and floors.
Green Glue Noiseproofing Compound is non-hazardous, environmentally-responsible, and has practically no odor. It also adds value to your home or commercial space. It takes just a few minutes to apply Green Glue Noiseproofing Compound to an average piece of drywall (or other rigid construction material). It’s easy to soundproof a room in one day, or less. For best results, cure time is seven days, and the Compound reaches its peak performance 30 days after application.
Whether you’re an experienced construction professional or a handy DIY kind of person, using Green Glue Noiseproofing Compound is a cinch. Just apply a layer of compound between two pieces of drywall or other construction material. It also cleans up easily with just soap and water. Independent lab tests prove that using Green Glue Noiseproofing Compound dissipates up to 90 percent of noise. Unlike other soundproofing products, Green Glue Noiseproofing Compound is ideal for dissipating low frequency noise common with home entertainment and theater systems. Green Glue is non-toxic with no mixing required. For floors and walls, this product drastically reduces impact and airborne noise. Use this for a range of applications including loudspeaker cabinets, home theaters, and recording studios.
Please note that Green Glue Noiseproofing Compound is a damping compound and is not a substitute for glue or mechanical fasteners. Use Green Glue products in conjunction with sound barriers, vibration isolators and other construction materials to effectively construct soundproof assemblies.
- Applies in just minutes
- Improves sound transmission loss
- Helps block sound
- Superb low frequency attenuation
- Easy to apply
- (1) 5-gallon bucket will cover approximately 365 square feet
- Size: 5-gallon bucket
- Color: Green
- Odor: Mild, none after drying
- Weight: 8.6 +/- 0.5 lbs./gal.
- Solid Content: 61% +/- 5%
- Viscosity: Light Paste 52,000-56,000cps (#RV-6 @ 10rpm)
- Working Time: 15 minutes
- Working Temperature: 40⁰F to 90⁰F (4⁰C to 32⁰C)
- Cure Time: 30 Days
- Coverage: Approximately 365-730 sq. ft. per 5-gallon pail
- Shelf life: One year
- Surface Burning Characteristics (Tested by UL Canada according to CAN/ULC-S102-10, Standard Method of Test for Surface Burning Characteristics):
- Flame Spread: 10
- Smoke Developed: 5
- Mold Resistance: Certified by UL Environment to be Mold Resistant per ASTM D3273-00.
- VOC: Certified by UL Environment as No formaldehyde emissions detected – meets the requirements of CA Section 01350
- Water Vapor Transmission: Tested in accordance with ASTM E 96 for water vapor transmission and shown to not form a vapor retarder with a typical value of 3.1 perms.
The following installation instructions are given as a general guide to avoid common errors. Installer should follow best practices for construction and workmanship. Acoustical Solutions bears no responsibility for installation or contractor selection. Installation should not commence until building is enclosed and under standard occupancy conditions and surfaces are of acceptable condition and properly prepared. Do not install materials of unacceptable quality. Must be used between two rigid layers; one layer must be porous; e.g. drywall, plywood, OSB. Green Glue is not a sealant or adhesive, therefore fasteners are necessary. Intended for interior use only. Maintain temperature of 60⁰F – 80⁰F within building after installation. Not to be used in conjunction with a construction adhesive. Product intended to reduce sound transmission between rooms and does not affect noise within a room.
- Apply compound using Green Glue Applicator Gun
- Complete coverage is not necessary to obtain excellent results
- Green Glue dispenses with very little effort
- Green Glue will not flow off the board during installation
- Reference installation guide in documents tab
- Allow Green Glue 30 days of drying time for optimal sound isolation performance. Green Glue must be allowed 7 to 10 days of drying time before sound isolation will start to improve.
- Drying times vary per application.
- Storage: This product can be DAMAGED BY FREEZING. Store in a cool, dry location at room temperature.
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including Crystalline silica which is known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.