AlphaSorb® Linear Foam
AlphaSorb® Linear Foam is a high-performing sound absorber used to reduce echo and reverberation with a bold triangular wedge design. Use these acoustic foam panels to improve speech intelligibility and create visual designs in recording studios, home theaters, music rooms and more.
AlphaSorb® Linear Foam is available in 2’x 2′ sheets and in thicknesses of 2″, 3″ and 4″ in natural grey and white colors. The linear design of the foam sheets allow you to align sheets together for a seamless look. They may also be rotated or offset to create unique designs. These acoustic foam panels are easily installed using a water-based construction adhesive.
NOTE: This product has been transitioned to a new manufacturing process. Material may vary slightly from previously ordered material.
- Broadcast and Recording Studios
- Offices and Conference Rooms
- Distance Learning
- Worship Facilities
- Home Theaters, Music Rooms and more
- Reduces echo and reverberation
- Improves speech intelligibility
- Exceptional acoustical performance
- Mold-resistant, fire-retardant
- Size: 2′ x 2′; also available in 2′ x 4′ and 4′ x 8′ (call for pricing, availability, and lead time)
- Thickness: 2″, 3″, 4″
- Material: Open-cell melamine-based foam
- Intended Use: Interior, sound absorption
- Natural Grey
- Natural White
- Coated (Custom Order, please call)
- Natural Grey: 0.56 +/- 0.09 lb / cubic ft
- Natural White: 0.47 +/- 0.13 lb / cubic ft
- Service Temperature: -40 deg. F to 350 deg. F
- Fire Rating:
- Melamine Foam Core: Class 1 or A per ASTM E 84
- NRC: 0.75 – 1.05
|Sound Absorption (Hz) per ASTM C 423-09a|
- These panels can easily be mounted to any wall or ceiling surface with water-based construction adhesive.
- Installation is best done at the end of the construction project.
- Use clean gloves to prevent soiling material.
- Melamine foam is fragile and should be handled with care.
- Do not install material of unacceptable quality.
- Maintain uniform temperature of minimum 60° F and maximum humidity of 40% prior to, during and after installation.