Signature Sound Barrier Ceiling Tile
The Signature Sound Barrier Ceiling Tile is a double duty soundproofing ceiling tile. It works for both lowering sound transmission as well as reducing reverberation. These ceiling tiles drop into existing T-bar suspended ceiling grid systems. The ceiling tile consists of a 1″ thick 6-pound density fiberglass covered with your choice of facings.
This fiberglass is also an excellent sound absorber, which has a NRC rating of 0.85. Attached to the back of the fiberglass is a layer of mass loaded vinyl with an aluminized facing. This aluminized facing adds a strong soundproofing material, STC rating of 26, which is not found in standard acoustical ceiling tiles. These sound barrier ceiling tiles are Class 1 fire-rated and come in standard sizes of 2′ x 2′ and 2′ x 4′ and standard thickness of 1″.
- Improve acoustics
- Blocks sound
- Easy installation
- Sizes: 2’x2′, 2’x4′ (Actual Sizes: 23-3/4″ x 23-3/4″, 23-3/4″ x 47-3/4″)
- Thickness: 1-1/8″
- Construction: 6-7 pound per cubic foot fiberglass substrate with 1 pound per square foot foil backed vinyl barrier and cloth facing
- Finish: White Pebble Grain Vinyl, White Nubby Cloth, Black Felt
- Color: White, Black
- Fire Rating: Class 1 or A per ASTM E 84
- Weight: 1.6 lbs. per square foot
- NRC: 0.85
- STC: 26
|Sound Absorption (Hz) per ASTM C423|
|Sound Transmission Loss (Hz)per ASTM E90|
- Install tile into existing suspended ceiling grid
- Installation is best done at the end of the construction project
- Use clean gloves during installation
- Maintain uniform temperature prior to, during and after installation
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including formaldehyde, antimony trioxide and DINP, which are known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.