AQFA-11 Silicone Coated Sound Blanket
The AQFA-11 Silicone Coated Sound Blanket is used to add sound absorption to high temperature, interior applications to reduce reverberation and echo. The AQFA-11 Silicone Coated Absorber Blanket is a quilted fiberglass absorber (QFA) great for use in interior high temperature areas up to 450° F. These high temperature sound blankets are constructed from highly durable silicone coated recycled fiberglass cloth quilted to 2-inch thick fiberglass matting.
These Silicone Coated Sound Blankets reduce the reverberation of sound energy in high temperature, reverberant environments or enclosures. In addition to being able to withstand temperatures ranging from -90°F to 450°F, they also offer excellent sound absorption, with an NRC value of 0.85.
Standard 4′ x 8′ blanket panels may be ordered online. Other sizes and configurations are available, please contact us with your specific requirements.
Sound blanket panels or sound blanket rolls are available for use in interior applications.
Sound blanket panels
- 4′ widths in standard 8′ height
- Custom lengths as required up to 25′
- Grommets along top edge for hanging
- Other configurations available.
Sound Blanket Rolls
- Sound blanket rolls in 4′ wide material in a 25′ long roll
- Available with bound or unbound edges (no grommets)
Technical Information for AQFA-11
- Panels: 46″ (w) x 96″ (h) (nominal) or customized to order
- Rolls: 4′ (w) x 25′ (l) (nominal)
- Thickness: 2″ (nominal; actual thickness may vary after quilting)
- Construction: Silicone coated vinyl coated fiberglass cloth facing on both sides, quilted with 2 pound per cubic foot density fiberglass batting
- Intended Use: Interior, sound absorption for high temperature environments
- Pattern: Diamond Stitching (default), Vertical Stitching (custom)
- Panels: Bound Edges
- Rolls: Bound or Unbound
- Finish: Vinyl coated fiberglass cloth facing on both sides
- Color: Grey
- Weight: 0.45 pounds per square foot
- Tolerance: +/- 1/4″ (finished blankets sizes are nominal due to the quilting process)
- Mounting Provision:
- Panels: Grommets along top edge or as specified
- Rolls: No mounting provided unless otherwise specified
- Thermal Rating: “R” Value of 8
- Moisture permeability: 0.5 perms
- Fire Rating: Class 1 or A per ASTM E84
- Temperature range: -90 degrees to 450 degrees Fahrenheit
- NRC: 0.85
|Sound Absorption (Hz) per ASTM C423|
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including formaldehyde, which are known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.