PrivacyShield® ABSC-25 Barrier Septum Soundproofing Blankets
Orders of 5 or fewer blankets are shipped within 24 hours!
Size: 48" x 96"
Thickness: 2" fill
Return Policy: This product is non-returnable
Typical Shipping Lead Time: Call for pricing and lead times for orders of more than 5 blankets.
PrivacyShield® ABSC-25 Barrier Septum Soundproofing Blankets include both sound blocking and sound absorbing material, making them an ideal noise barrier for interior spaces where excessive echo is a problem as well. These blankets are constructed with a 1 lb. per sq. ft. mass loaded vinyl sound barrier that is sandwiched between two layers of 1 in. thick acoustical fiberglass batting that is then quilted with a vinyl-coated fiberglass cloth facing. This allows our PrivacyShield® Barrier Septum Soundproofing Blankets to provide 360-degree sound absorption and sound attenuation in one efficient product.
These sound attenuation blankets work like curtain panels. They are constructed with grommets across the top edge and Velcro® along the vertical edges which make them easy to hang, layer, and install. You may use these silicone-coated blankets in high temperature areas for machine and equipment enclosures or reduce and block sound for just about any application.
Typical uses include industrial sound control. These blankets are commonly used as separator walls or divider partitions and to line the perimeter of an interior wall. PrivacyShield® ABSC-25 Barrier Septum Soundproofing Blankets are Class 1 fire-rated and are a double-duty sound blanket in that they work for both absorbing and blocking sound.
Standard 4′ x 8′ blanket panels may be ordered online. Other sizes up to 4 ft. x 25 ft. are available, please contact us with your specific requirements.
- Blocks and absorbs sound
- Create soundproof enclosures
- Overlap blankets to soundproof an interior wall
- Use as a temporary interior barrier partition
- Custom sizes available to meet project-specific requirements
Both the blanket panels and rolls are available for use in interior applications.
Sound Blanket Panels
- Sound blanket panels in 4′ widths in standard 8′ height or custom lengths as required
- Grommets along top edge
- Mating Velcro® on vertical edges (This allows the blankets to overlap and create a sound seal.)
- Other configurations available.
Sound Blanket Rolls
- Sound blanket rolls in 4′ wide material in a 25′ long roll
- Available with bound or unbound edges (no grommets or Velcro®)
Technical Information for PrivacyShield® ABSC-25 Barrier Septum Soundproofing Blankets
- Panels: 4′ (w) x 8′ (h) (nominal) or custom sizes as required
- Rolls: 4′ (w) x 25′ (l) (nominal)
- Thickness: 2″ (nominal; actual thickness may vary after quilting)
- Construction: Vinyl coated fiberglass cloth facing on both sides, quilted with 2-pound per cubic foot density fiberglass batting with a 1-pound per square foot barrier septum and mating Velcro® on the vertical edges
- Intended Use: Interior, sound absorption, sound blocking
- Pattern: Diamond Stitching (default), Vertical Stitching (custom)
- Panels: Bound Edges
- Rolls: Bound or Unbound
- Finish: Vinyl coated fiberglass cloth facing
- Breaking Strength (warp and fill): 150 lb./in. and 100 lb./in.
- Tear Strength (warp and fill): 8 lb. and 7 lb.
- Moisture Permeability: 0.5 Perms
- Passes UL-181 Heat Aging Test
- Colors: Grey (default), Black, Tan, Off-White
- Weight: 1.43 pounds per square foot
- Tolerance: +/- 1/4″ (finished blankets sizes are nominal due to the quilting process)
- Mounting Provision: (fasteners provided by installer)
- Panels: Grommets along top edge or as specified
- Rolls: No mounting or grommets provided unless otherwise specified
- Hardware: Fasteners to be provided by installer
- Thermal Rating: “R” Value of 8
- Fire Rating: Class 1 or A per ASTM E84
- Temperature range: -20 degrees to 180 degrees Fahrenheit
- NRC: 0.75
- STC: 29 (1 lb.), 33 (2 lb.)
|Sound Absorption (Hz) per ASTM C423|
|Sound Transmission Loss (Hz) per ASTM E90 & E413|
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including formaldehyde and DINP, which are known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.