PrivacyShield® Outdoor Absorptive Soundproofing Blanket
There is a minimum order quantity of 2 for this product.
Minimum Order Quantity: 2
Size: 54" x 96"
Return Policy: This product is non-returnable
Typical Shipping Lead Time: call for lead times
The PrivacyShield® Outdoor Absorptive Soundproofing Blanket, (formerly the ABBC-13EXT AudioSeal® Exterior Sound Blanket) is a sound barrier curtain used to block and absorb sound in exterior applications. The blanket is a weather-resistant barrier-backed composite (BBC), consisting of UV and tear resistant vinyl coated polyester facing. The facing is quilted on 1 in. or 2 in. thick acoustical fiberglass batting with Gore® Tenara® thread. It also has a reinforced 1 lb. per sq. ft. mass loaded vinyl sound barrier bonded to one side. The absorptive quilted fiberglass side of the blanket should face towards the sound you wish to absorb.
These blankets are a combination of sound blocking and sound absorbing material. These sound attenuation blankets work like curtain panels. They are constructed with grommets across the top edge and Velcro® along the vertical edges which make them easy to hang, layer, and install.
PrivacyShield® Outdoor Absorptive Soundproofing Blankets may be mounted to fences or other structures to create temporary or permanent sound barriers for construction sites, highways, noisy equipment or to block the direct path of other exterior noise sources. This exterior grade sound barrier is ideal for outdoor environments where extended lifespan and durability is important.
Standard 4-1/2′ x 8′ blanket panels may be ordered online. Other sizes up to 4 ft. x 20 ft. are available, please contact us with your specific requirements.
Technical Information for PrivacyShield® Outdoor Absorptive Soundproofing Blanket
- Standard: 54″ (w) x 96″ (h)
- Custom: Up to 54″ x 20′
- Thickness: 1″ fill, 2″ fill (Standard), 4″ (Custom); actual thickness may vary after quilting
- 1″ Thick: 1.22 lbs. / sq. f.t
- 2″ Thick: 1.43 lbs. / sq. f.t
- 4″ Thick: 1.80 lbs. / sq. f.t
- Facing: Grey, Tan (Standard) Black, Off-White (Special Order)
- Barrier Back: Grey, Tan (Standard)
- Construction: UV resistant heavy-duty vinyl coated polyester faced quilted fiberglass backed with a one pound per square foot reinforced mass loaded vinyl sound barrier
- Intended Use: Exterior, sound absorption, sound blocking
- Weight (lb./sq. ft): 1.2 (1″), 1.45 (2″), 2.9 (4″)
- Temperature Range: -20 deg. F to 180 deg. F
|Sound Absorption (Hz) per ASTM C423|
|Sound Transmission Loss (Hz) per ASTM E90 & E413|
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including formaldehyde and DINP, which are known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.