AlphaSorb® Dual-Sided Industrial Absorptive Sound Blanket
The AlphaSorb® Dual-Sided Industrial Absorptive Sound Blanket, (formerly the AQFA-11 Silicone Coated Sound Blanket) is used to add sound absorption to high-temperature, interior applications to reduce reverberation and echo. These high temperature-resistant sound blankets are constructed from highly durable silicone-coated vinyl fiberglass cloth quilted to 2-inch thick fiberglass batting. Because they can withstand temperatures ranging from -90ºF to 450ºF, these blankets are well suited for machinery housings and other industrial applications. In addition to being impervious to oils, moisture, dust, and most chemicals, they also offer excellent sound absorption, with an NRC value of 0.85.
These grommeted industrial blankets work like curtain panels. They are constructed with grommets across the top edge and Velcrosup>® along the vertical edges which make them easy to hang, layer, and install. Typical uses include curtain material in acoustical enclosures, room partitions, and as wall covering where abuse resistance and excellent durability is required.
Standard 4′ x 8′ blanket panels may be ordered online. Other sizes and configurations are available, please contact us with your specific requirements.
Sound Blanket Panels
- 4′ widths in standard 8′ height
- Custom lengths as required up to 25′
- Grommets along top edge for hanging
- Other configurations available.
Sound Blanket Rolls
- Sound blanket rolls in 4′ wide material in a 25′ long roll
- Available with bound or unbound edges (no grommets)
Technical Information for AQFA-11
- Panels: 46″ (w) x 96″ (h) (nominal) or customized to order
- Rolls: 4′ (w) x 25′ (l) (nominal)
- Thickness: 2″ (nominal; actual thickness may vary after quilting)
- Construction: Silicone coated vinyl coated fiberglass cloth facing on both sides, quilted with 2 pound per cubic foot density fiberglass batting
- Intended Use: Interior, sound absorption for high temperature environments
- Pattern: Diamond Stitching (default), Vertical Stitching (custom)
- Panels: Bound Edges
- Rolls: Bound or Unbound
- Finish: Vinyl coated fiberglass cloth facing on both sides
- Color: Grey
- Weight: 0.45 pounds per square foot
- Tolerance: +/- 1/4″ (finished blankets sizes are nominal due to the quilting process)
- Mounting Provision:
- Panels: Grommets along top edge or as specified
- Rolls: No mounting provided unless otherwise specified
- Thermal Rating: “R” Value of 8
- Moisture permeability: 0.5 perms
- Fire Rating: Class 1 or A per ASTM E84
- Temperature range: -90 degrees to 450 degrees Fahrenheit
- NRC: 0.85
|Sound Absorption (Hz) per ASTM C423|
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including formaldehyde, which are known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.