The Corkscrew hanger is hardware for use when installing acoustical melamine foam clouds and baffles for ceiling-mounted cable installation. Manufactured from stainless steel, these hangers are acceptable for use in humid environments.
Technical Information for Corkscrew Hanger:
- Corkscrew Length: 1.5″
- Intended Use: For use when installing Sonex® or Whisperwave® acoustic foam baffles and clouds with a minimum of a 2″ thickness.
- Composition: Extrude stainless steel metal (acceptable for use in humid environments)
- Packing: Box of 8 corkscrew hangers
- Corkscrew hangers are installed in the field for ceiling-mounted cable installation of foam baffles and clouds (cable and cable mounts provided by installer).
- Center corkscrew hangers over marked mounting location.
- while holding it vertically, press down and lightly turn the hanger.
- Allow the pressure to pierce the foam. Do no poke the hanger into the foam.
- Turn corkscrew clockwise until it the top coil is touching the edge of the baffle.
- Note: Turn they eye loop so it is parallel to the top of the baffle and the opening of the eye loops face in the same direction.
- Avoid hanging baffles or clouds more than 10 feet below the ceiling. Long tethering will cause them to sway in air currents.
- Installation is best done at the end of the construction project.
- Use clean gloves to prevent soiling material.
- Melamine foam is fragile, please handle with care.
- Do not install material of unacceptable quality.