A Sonex® Valueline Hanging Baffle helps improve communication and reduce echo / reverberation in large open areas such as production plants, warehouses, gymnasiums and swimming pools. The acoustical foam used to manufacture the baffles absorb sound energy from multiple sources, reducing noise and reverberation throughout the environment. Sonex® Valueline Hanging Baffles are Class 1 fire-rated for flame spread and smoke density. Resistant to fungus and microbial growth, they can withstand the humid conditions of indoor swimming pools.
Sonex® Valueline Hanging Baffles are also field-fitted with stainless steel corkscrew hangers, making them easy to install over individual workstations or above an entire floor. Complete wall-to-wall cable installation by sliding the baffles into place from one side of the room, allowing activities to continue uninterrupted. Ceiling cable installation allows you to arrange baffles in box-like or crisscross patterns.
Foam baffles are lightweight and easy to install. Suspend these ceiling baffles using 1.5″ corkscrew hangers & cable (Sold Separately). The corkscrew hangers pierce and screw into the back of the foam baffle to provide an attachment point for wire or cable. Appropriate hardware to mount cables or wire to your ceiling may be purchased locally or provided by your installer. Our Whisperwave® products are available in natural grey, natural white or may be HPC Coated to add color and additional protection (see HPC color chart.)
- Reduces echo and reverberation
- Improves speech intelligibility
- Exceptional acoustical performance
- Mold-resistant, fire-retardant
Technical Information for Sonex® Valueline Hanging Baffle:
- Size: 4′ x 2′
- Thickness: 2″
- Part Numbers: VLBC-2, VLBC-2HW
- Material: Open-cell melamine-based foam
- Finishes: Natural Grey, Natural White or HPC Coated Colors
- Density: 0.5 to 0.7 lbs./cu. ft. (ASTM D3574-77)
- Fire Rating: Class 1 per ASTM E84
- Microbial Growth: Passes UL 181, section 11
- Fungus Resistance Rating: #0 per ASTM G21
|Sound Absorption (Hz)
Sabins per Baffle per ASTM C423-90a
- Install corkscrew hangers (Sold Separately) in the field for ceiling-mounted cable installation (cable and cable mounts may be provided by installer)
- Avoid hanging baffles more than 10 feet below the ceiling. Long tethering will cause them to sway in air currents.
- Align the baffles in the same direction or turn every other baffle 90° degrees.
- For best results, install this product at the end of your construction project.
- Use clean gloves to prevent soiling material.
- Melamine foam is fragile, please handle with care.
- Do not install material of unacceptable quality.