SONEX® One Hanging Baffle
A Sonex® One Hanging Baffle is an ideal solution to absorb sound reverberation and solve overall noise problems. These versatile baffles can be used in a variety of settings including: auditoriums, gymnasiums, indoor swimming pools, recreation centers and production facilities.
Sonex® One Hanging Baffles are made from a Class 1 fire-rated acoustical foam according to ASTM E84 for flame spread and smoke density. In addition to its high fire safety rating, foam baffles provide excellent sound absorption across all frequencies and help prevent noise buildup that interferes with speech intelligibility.
For use in multipurpose rooms, gymnasiums, large classrooms, music rooms, manufacturing, and other large open rooms.
- Reduces echo and reverberation
- Improves speech intelligibility
- Exceptional acoustical performance
- Mold-resistant, fire-retardant
Technical Information for Sonex® One Hanging Baffle
- Size: 4′ x 2′ x 3″
- Part Numbers: OBN-2, OBHW-2
- Material: Open-cell melamine-based foam
- Finishes: Natural Grey, Natural White or HPC Coated
- Density: 0.5 to 0.7 lbs./cu. ft. (ASTM D3574-77)
- Fire Rating: Class 1 per ASTM E84
- Microbial Growth: Passes UL 181, section 11
- Fungus Resistance Rating: #0 per ASTM G21
|Sound Absorption (Hz)
Sabins per Baffle per ASTM C423-90a
- Sonex® One Hanging Baffles are equipped with integrated straps and grommets for easy installation on ceiling-mounted cables or chains. (cable and cable mounts by others).
- Avoid hanging baffles more than 10 feet below the ceiling, as long tethering will cause them to sway in air currents.
- Align the baffles in the same direction or turn every other baffle 90° degrees.
- For best results, install this product at the end of your construction project.
- Use clean gloves to prevent soiling material.
- Melamine foam is fragile, please handle with care.
- Do not install material of unacceptable quality.