Whisperwave® Ribbon Sound Baffle
The Whisperwave® Ribbon Sound Baffle allows you to unleash your creativity while reducing noise and reverberation. Add dimension and acoustical control right where you need it the most with Whisperwave® Ribbons. Suspend Whisperwave® Ribbons from ceiling-mounted cables using corkscrew hangers (Sold Separately). They may be hung as high or as low as necessary to avoid obstacles in the ceiling, work around HVAC or to achieve a particular design.
Made from Class 1 fire-rated melamine foam, Whisperwave® products are offered in standard and custom sizes and curve patterns. Whisperwave® products are lightweight and easy to install. Suspend these ceiling baffles using 1.5″ corkscrew hangers & cable (Sold Separately). The corkscrew hangers pierce and screw into the back of the foam baffle to provide an attachment point for wire or cable. Appropriate hardware to mount cables or wire to your ceiling may be purchased locally or provided by your installer. Our Whisperwave® products are available in natural grey, natural white or may be HPC Coated to add color and additional protection (see HPC color chart.)
- Reduces echo and reverberation
- Improves speech intelligibility
- Exceptional acoustical performance
- Mold-resistant, fire-retardant
Technical Information for Whisperwave® Ribbon Baffle
- Size: 4′ x 1′
- Thickness: 2″
- Part Numbers: WRB-2, WRB-2HW
- Material: Open-cell melamine-based foam
- Finishes: Natural Grey, Natural White or HPC Coated
- Density: 0.5 to 0.7 lbs./cu. ft. (ASTM D3574-77)
- Fire Rating: Class 1 per ASTM E84
- Microbial Growth: Passes UL 181, section 11
- Fungus Resistance Rating: #0 per ASTM G21
- NRC (Sound Absorption Performance)
- Natural Grey or Natural White – 2″ (0.85)
- HPC Coated – 2″ (0.95)
|Sound Absorption (Hz)
Sabins per (ASTM C423-90a)
- Install corkscrew hangers (Sold Separately) in the field for ceiling-mounted cable installation (cable and cable mounts may be provided by installer)
- Avoid hanging baffles more than 10 feet below the ceiling, as long tethering will cause them to sway in air currents.
- For best results, install this product at the end of your construction project.
- Use clean gloves to prevent soiling material.
- Melamine foam is fragile, please handle with care.
- Do not install material of unacceptable quality.