SONEX® Rondo Sound Baffle
The Sonex® Rondo Sound Baffle offers design versatility and excellent sound absorption across all frequencies—preventing noise build-up that interferes with speech intelligibility. Sonex Rondo® Baffles are made from a foam core, which is Class 1 fire-rated according to ASTM E84 for flame spread and smoke density. The acoustical foam core also meets the corner burn test UL 1715.These Sonex® Rondo Baffles are available in lengths up to 24″ with 6″ or custom diameters.
Rondo baffles are lightweight and easy to install. Suspend these ceiling baffles vertically or horizontally using 1.5″ corkscrew hangers & cable (Sold Separately). The corkscrew hangers pierce and screw into the back of the foam baffle to provide an attachment point for wire or cable. Appropriate hardware to mount cables or wire to your ceiling may be purchased locally or provided by your installer. Our Whisperwave® products are available in natural grey, natural white or may be HPC Coated to add color and additional protection (see HPC color chart.)
Rondo Baffles are great for use in large reception areas, multipurpose rooms, swimming pools and aquatic centers, manufacturing facilities and other large spaces.
- Vertical or horizontal configurations
- Design flexibility
- Exceptional sound absorption across all frequencies
- Easy installation
- Class 1 fire-rated
Technical Information for Sonex® Rondo Sound Baffle
- Size: 6″ diameter by 24″ length
- Part Number: SRB-6
- Material: Open-cell melamine-based foam
- Finish: Natural Grey, Natural White, HPC Coated Colors
- Density: 0.5 to 0.7 lbs./cu. ft. (ASTM D3574-77)
- Fire Rating: Class 1 per ASTM E84
- Microbial Growth: Passes UL 181, section 11
- Fungus Resistance Rating: #0 per ASTM G21
- NRC Per ASTM C423-90a: 0.75
|Sound Absorption (Hz)
Sabins per Baffle per ASTM C423-90a (J-Mount)
|Sound Absorption (Hz)
per ASTM C423-90a (J-Mount)
- Install corkscrew hangers (Sold Separately) in the field for ceiling-mounted cable installation (cable and cable mounts may be provided by installer)
- Avoid hanging baffles more than 10 feet below the ceiling. Long tethering will cause them to sway in air currents.
- Installation is best done at the end of the construction project.
- Use clean gloves to prevent soiling material.
- Melamine foam is fragile, please handle with care.
- Do not install material of unacceptable quality.