Whisperwave® Sound Baffle
Whisperwave® Sound Baffle curved accent products allow you to unleash your creativity while reducing noise and reverberation. Whisperwave Sound Baffles create movement and are easily hung using a wall-to-wall system. Ride the wave with Whisperwave®.
Made from Class 1 fire-rated melamine foam, Whisperwave® products are safe for use in a wide range of applications. Whisperwave® products are lightweight and easy to install. Suspend these ceiling baffles using 1.5″ corkscrew hangers & cable (Sold Separately). The corkscrew hangers pierce and screw into the back of the foam baffle to provide an attachment point for wire or cable. Appropriate hardware to mount cables or wire to your ceiling may be purchased locally or provided by your installer. Our Whisperwave® products are available in natural grey, natural white or may be HPC Coated to add color and additional protection.
- Reduces echo and reverberation
- Improves speech intelligibility
- Exceptional acoustical performance
- Mold-resistant, fire-retardant
Technical Information for Whisperwave® Sound Baffle
- Size: 4′ x 2′, Custom Sizes up to 8′ x 4′
- Thickness: 2″
- Part Number: WWB-2, WWB-2HW
- Material: Open-cell melamine-based foam
- Finishes: Natural Grey, Natural White or HPC Coated Colors
- Density: 0.5 to 0.7 lbs./cu. ft. (ASTM D3574-77)
- Weight per 2′ x 4′ unit: 1.5 lbs. ea.
- Fire Rating: Class 1 per ASTM E84
- Microbial Growth: Passes UL 181, section 11
- Fungus Resistance Rating: #0 per ASTM G21
|Sound Absorption (Hz) Sabins per 2″ x 24″ x 48″ Baffle (ASTM C423-90a)|
- Install corkscrew hangers (Sold Separately) in the field for ceiling-mounted cable installation (cable and cable mounts may be provided by installer)
- Avoid hanging baffles more than 10 feet below the ceiling. Long tethering will cause them to sway in air currents.
- For best results, install this product at the end of your construction project.
- Use clean gloves to prevent soiling material.
- Melamine foam is fragile, please handle with care.
- Do not install material of unacceptable quality.