Sonex® Mini Acoustic Foam is designed for use in environments where high frequency noise control is required. Its unique sculpted pattern allows for maximum handling of high frequency sound waves. Sonex® Mini Panels are a safety-minded choice for use in machine enclosures and other confined spaces. It can withstand constant temperatures above 300° Fahrenheit, and will char, but not ignite, at temperatures above 1100° Fahrenheit. Sonex® Mini is Class 1 fire-rated and it is 100% fiber-free foam (part #MSO). Sonex® Mini has a minimal depth for use in applications where a thinner acoustic foam is required.
- Reduces echo and reverberation
- Improves speech intelligibility
- Exceptional acoustical performance
- Smaller convoluted surface pattern
- Mold-resistant, fire-retardant
- Ideal for enclosures or other applications requiring thinner panels
Technical Information For Sonex® Mini:
- Size: 2′ x 4′
- Thickness: 1″, 1.5″
- Part Numbers: MSO-1, MSO-2, MSO-1HW, MSO-2HW, MSC-1, MCS-2
- Material: Open-cell melamine-based foam
- Finish: Natural Grey, Natural White, HPC Coated
- Density: 0.5 to 0.7 lbs./cu. ft. (ASTM D3574-77)
- Fire Rating: Class 1 per ASTM E 84
- Microbial Growth: Passes UL 181, section 11
- Fungus Resistance Rating: #0 per ASTM G21
- NRC: 1″ (0.50), 1.5″ (0.65)
|Sound Absorption (Hz) ASTM C423-90a|
- These panels mount easily to any wall or ceiling surface with acouSTIC water-based adhesive.
- Installation is best done at the end of the construction project.
- Use clean gloves to prevent soiling material.
- Melamine foam is fragile, please handle with care.
- Do not install material of unacceptable quality.