SONEX® Classic Foam
Sonex® Classic Foam is an extremely popular foam because of its design, acoustical effectiveness and economical price point. Sonex® Classic Acoustic Foam features a modified anechoic wedge design for cost-effective and impressive sound control.
The unique geometric shape of the surface pattern on these panels provides optimum absorption and deflection of sound energy, making them an excellent choice for recording and broadcast studios. These versatile panels can also be used in listening rooms, restaurants, production areas and other locations where sound absorption is critically important.
Sonex® Classic is available in natural white and grey melamine foam colors or HPC coated colors. These panels can easily be mounted to any wall or ceiling surface with acouSTIC water-based adhesive.
- Reduces echo and reverberation
- Improves speech intelligibility
- Exceptional acoustical performance
- Mold-resistant, fire-retardant
Technical Information for Sonex® Classic Foam
- Size: 2′ x 4′ (8 sheets per box)
- Thickness: 2″
- Coverage: 64 square feet per box
- Part Numbers: SOC-2, SOC-2HW, COC-2
- Material: Open-cell melamine-based foam
- Pattern: Sonex® Mating parquet
- Finish: Natural Grey, Natural White, HPC Coated
- Density: 0.5 to 0.7 lbs./cu. ft. (ASTM D3574-77)
- Fire Rating: Class 1 per ASTM E84
- Microbial Growth: Passes UL 181, section 11
- Fungus Resistance Rating: #0 per ASTM G21
- NRC Per ASTM C423-90a
- Natural (Grey/White): 0.80 (Mounting Type A)
- HPC Coated Colors: 0.95 (Mounting Type B)
|Sound Absorption (Hz) ASTM C423-90a|
|Natural Grey and Natural White|
|HPC Coated Colors|
- Easily mount these panels to any wall or ceiling surface with water-based construction adhesive.
- For best results, install this product at the end of your construction project.
- Use clean gloves to prevent soiling material.
- Melamine foam is fragile, please handle with care.
- Do not install material of unacceptable quality.
PLEASE NOTE: Half of the panels per box have a positive pattern and half have a negative pattern, as the panels are meant to be installed alternating the patterns. Please layout your design and make necessary design changes prior to installation.