SONEX® Junior Foam
Sonex® Junior Foam is the same pattern as the famous Sonex® Classic panels except the panel size is 2′ x 2′ instead of 2’x 4′. Sonex® Junior Acoustic Foam features a modified anechoic wedge design for cost-effective and impressive sound control.
The unique geometric shape of the surface pattern on these panels provides optimum absorption and deflection of sound energy, making them an excellent choice for recording and broadcast studios. These versatile panels can also be used in listening rooms, restaurants, production areas and other locations where sound absorption is critically important.
Sonex Junior® is available in natural melamine foam colors. These panels are especially appropriate for high-traffic areas. The acoustical core is Class 1 fire-rated and 100% fiber-free.
- Reduces echo and reverberation
- Improves speech intelligibility
- Exceptional acoustical performance
- Mold-resistant, fire-retardant
Technical Information for Sonex® Junior Foam
- Size: 2′ x 2′ (4 tiles per box)
- Thickness: 2″
- Coverage: 16 square feet per box
- Part Number: SJO-2
- Material: Open-cell melamine-based foam
- Pattern: Sonex® Mating parquet
- Finish: Natural Grey, Natural White
- Density: 0.5 to 0.7 lbs./cu. ft. (ASTM D3574-77)
- Fire Rating: Class 1 per ASTM E84
- Microbial Growth: Passes UL 181, section 11
- Fungus Resistance Rating: #0 per ASTM G21
- NRC Per ASTM C423-90a
- Natural (White/Grey): 0.80 (Mounting Type A)
- HPC Coated Colors: 0.95 (Mounting Type B)
|Sound Absorption (Hz) ASTM C423-90a|
- These panels can easily be mounted to any wall or ceiling surface with water-based construction adhesive.
- Installation is best done at the end of the construction project.
- Use clean gloves to prevent soiling material.
- Melamine foam is fragile, please handle with care.
- Do not install material of unacceptable quality.
PLEASE NOTE: Half of the panels per box have a positive pattern and half have a negative pattern, as the panels are meant to be installed alternating the patterns. Please layout your design and make necessary design changes prior to installation.