In-Stock! Ships in 24-hours!
Our Iso-Step® Floor Underlayment is engineered to provide superior impact sound insulation and better performance over other sound control materials. It may be installed over a wood or concrete sub floor and under a wide range of flooring finishes. Installing Iso-Step® underneath the entire flooring assembly short circuits impact noise to combat footfall and structure borne sound and vibration.
Impact noise is a structure borne sound created when two objects collide. This impact energy creates vibrations that resonate through the materials in the structure. It also creates airborne sound. This is often realized in the real world as a ‘neighbor noise’ generated from someone walking on the floor above or other activities. The Iso-Step® acoustic floor underlayment should be placed underneath the finished flooring and cover the whole floor. This provides an isolation layer to help prevent structural sound from passing through the completed assembly.
Manufactured in the USA using recycled material, this rubber floor underlayment has been rigorously field tested with proven results. It can be installed under most types of grouted, glued, and floating floors, including ceramic tile, stone, marble, brick, pavers, hardwood, engineered wood, laminate, parquet, luxury vinyl tile and carpet.
Our Iso-Step® Floor Underlayment is available in thicknesses of 2 mm, 5 mm, 10 mm and 12 mm. With a Delta IIC from 16 to 25, we offer a rubber floor underlayment well-suited to meet any job requirement.
- Fast installation
- Compatible with most floor finishes
- Manufactured from recycled rubber
- Can thin-set tile and stone direct to product per ASTM C627
- Rated extra heavy by the Tile Council of North America
- Passes VOC Washington State IAQ Test (ASTM D5116)
- 94% post-consumer recycled content
- Made in the USA
Technical Information for Iso-Step® Floor Underlayment:
- Thickness: 2 mm, 5 mm, 10 mm, 12 mm
- Roll Size: 48″ x 75′ (2 mm), 48″ x 30′ (5 mm), 48″ x 15′ (10 mm), 48″ x 15′ (12 mm)
- Roll Weight: 120 lbs. (2 mm, 12 mm), 100 lbs. (5 mm, 10 mm)
- Material: 92% resilient recycled rubber
- Physical Data
- Density: 0.72 g/ cubic cm min. (ASTM D297)
- Tensile Strength: 80 psi, min. (ASTM D412, Die C)
- Tear Strength: 30 ppi, min. (ASTM D624)
- Elongation: 50%, min. (ASTM D412, Die C)
- Compression: 20-30%, 85%, min. (at 100 psi recovery)
- Shore A Hardness: 40 durometer (ASTMD2240)
- Flexibility: 1 factor, max. (ASTM F147)
- Compression Set B, 25% Deflection, 158 degrees/22 hrs: 40% Max (ASTM D395)
- Coefficient of Friction: 1.2 (ASTM D1894)
- Crack Resistance: High Performance (ASTM 118.12 5.4)
- Width: +3/4″ – 0″
- Length: +1% – 0″
- Thickness: +/- 0.3 mm
- Installation: Refer to installation guides posted in the documents tab.
| Acoustic Test Results of Common Assemblies
||Wood flooring, 1 layer 2 mm, 8″ reinforced concrete slab, suspend ceiling
||LVT (luxury vinyl tile) flooring, 1″ gypsum concrete, 1 layer 2 mm, wood truss, resilient channels, suspended ceiling
||Laminate flooring, 1 layer of 5 mm, 7″ reinforced concrete slab, no ceiling
||Ceramic tile, cement board, 1 layer 5 mm, wood truss, resilient channels, suspended ceiling
||Porcelain tile, 1 layer 10 mm, 8″ reinforced concrete slab, no suspended ceiling
||Porcelain tile, 1 layer of 12 mm, 8″ reinforced concrete slab, no suspended ceiling