Resilient Sound Isolation Clip (RSIC-1)
A Resilient Sound Isolation Clip (RSIC-1) creates a high STC (Sound Transmission Classification) rating for your wall or ceiling assembly and offers an economical method to “float” your walls or ceilings. These isolation clips are used for vibration control of structure-borne noise and help build assemblies that will more effectively block airborne noise transmission. For higher rated sound blocking applications with improved STC ratings, use isolation clips in combination with our AudioSeal® Sound Barrier or Green Glue Damping Compound.
Resilient Isolation Clips are made with a natural blend neoprene grommet pad and threaded shaft, which is attached to a center bushing made of electroplated zinc mild steel. The center bushing is approximately 20 mm long, with a 10 mm shaft section and 21.5 mm end clip. The natural neoprene isolator is 1 1/2″ x 1/2″.
The RSIC-1 model is designed for use with any wood, steel or concrete application where noise control is required. This includes, wood framed, steel framed, CMU or concrete wall or ceiling systems. The RSIC-1 assembly decouples the gypsum board from the underlying structure to provide enhanced acoustical performance. With an acoustical design load rating of 36 lbs. per isolator, the clip can support up to two layers of 5/8″ gypsum board when spaced no more than 24″ x 48″ O.C. The RSIC-1 clip fastens directly to the framing or structure to prevent sound and vibrations from entering the adjacent space. This improves the STC and IIC ratings of construction assemblies.
- For use in wall and ceiling construction assemblies
- Reduces sound and vibration
- For use in new and retrofit construction
- Made in the USA
Technical Information for Resilient Sound Isolation Clip
- Size: 3″ x 1-1/4″ x 1-7/16″ nominal
- Construction: Natural and manufactured rubber molded to isolate ferrule (zinc-electroplated steel) from 16 gauge galvanized or aluminum-zinc coated clip. Minimum of 12 micro-vibration controlling pedestals at point of contact with framing member.
- Projection: 1-5/8 inches from supporting structure, when 7/8-inch drywall furring channels are used.
- Intended use: For use with wall and ceiling construction assemblies to prevent sound and vibration transmission to improve STC and IIC ratings
- Dead or Shear Load: Maximum design load of 36 pounds per each resilient sound isolation clip.
- Total Deflection: 3 mm
- Double Deflection: Yes (1.5 mm)
- Recycled content: Yes
- Low VOC treated: Yes
- Manufactured to ASTM D 2000, M2 AA 510 A13, which includes:
- Hardness ASTM D 2240, Shore A: 47
- Modulus 3000 Percent, ASTM D 412, Die C: 5.3 MPA
- Tensile Strength, ASTM D 412, Die C: 11.2 MPa.
- Elongation at Break, ASTM D573: 454 percent
Please refer to the installation guide in the documents tab of this page.